PDA

View Full Version : Sold Miracle System Trump Card (768K)

garynewport
14th October 2013, 18:46
I have 2 of these cards available.

I have simply the card of the original Trump Card 768K, which I know works because I have plugged it into our QL with success. I will include a printed copy of the manual that someone made way back in the late 1980s. For this I would like 60 + P&P.

I also have the Trump Card 2. I have not confirmed that this works because it remains sealed in its original wrapping and box. The original manual is also present. Basically this is as it was when bought aside from the outer box showing a little damage from time (dusty, slight scratching). I would like 90 + P&P for this one.

I am assuming that P&P will be the same for both items and should be no more than 8 per item.

garynewport
18th October 2013, 17:03
I have no idea how to change this to SOLD but they are (sold, that is).:D

TheCorfiot
18th October 2013, 18:30
Were they sold on site..

TC :)

TheCorfiot
18th October 2013, 23:35
Gary

I'm sorry to have to do this to you my friend but this is the dangers of accepting silent bids by PM, rwap should not have bought those cards off you under our rules as he is a large commercial trader.
Reason for this is to avoid scalping the community and members such as yourself...

It prevents sh!te like this happening..

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Sinclair-QL-Miracle-Systems-Trump-Card-2-3335

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/det...rump-Card-2792

As you can understand rwap's account has now been terminated as his type of ethics and behaviour are not welcome here..

Pls in future if someone contacts you privately without declaring interest in the thread, pls let us know.

TC :cool:

skagon
19th October 2013, 05:27
I'm sorry but I feel I have to comment.
This is typical behaviour from professional re-sellers. They constantly use their financial 'muscle' to get computers and peripherals, preferably behind the scenes, and then put them up for sale on their own websites, at ridiculous prices.
These Trump cards will probably be sold for more than 100 each, especially the sealed one. They have the money to keep them for sale for months, until someone with enough money to spend will pay.
I don't know if that's called 'scalping' or what, but if they get their way, collecting 'retro' computers will soon become a hobby for the privileged few.

Having said all that, I wholeheartedly support the code of conduct in here. Sure, it might be sometimes annoying, when you miss an opportunity by not declaring interest quickly enough, but all in all I think it's a very proper set of rules.

[Edit] The prices are 95 for the 'plain' trump card and 120 for the trump card 2... that was quick! Already put up for sale...

garynewport
20th October 2013, 18:43
Sorry for this. I did read through the rules but only in context with ensuring I did not break them. I had assumed RWAP knew and played by the rules as well.:(

tokyoracer
20th October 2013, 19:48
Sorry for this. I did read through the rules but only in context with ensuring I did not break them. I had assumed RWAP knew and played by the rules as well.:(
Main thing is that you now know that in future, be sure the buyer of your items has stated his/her interest in the thread before PM'ing you. He was more in the wrong than you so don't worry but obviously if it happens again, you may get a grilling from the mods and admins here.

Merlin
20th October 2013, 20:10
I'm sorry but I feel I have to comment.
This is typical behaviour from professional re-sellers. They constantly use their financial 'muscle' to get computers and peripherals, preferably behind the scenes, and then put them up for sale on their own websites, at ridiculous prices.
These Trump cards will probably be sold for more than 100 each, especially the sealed one. They have the money to keep them for sale for months, until someone with enough money to spend will pay.
I don't know if that's called 'scalping' or what, but if they get their way, collecting 'retro' computers will soon become a hobby for the privileged few.

Having said all that, I wholeheartedly support the code of conduct in here. Sure, it might be sometimes annoying, when you miss an opportunity by not declaring interest quickly enough, but all in all I think it's a very proper set of rules.

[Edit] The prices are 95 for the 'plain' trump card and 120 for the trump card 2... that was quick! Already put up for sale...

What Rwap did was most definitely 'scalping', as we call it. He was also guilty of 'silent bidding' via PM without declaring interest first, both of which are clearly against the site rules, yet he did them out of sheer greed anyway. Richard wants a total monopoly on the Sinclair QL and doesn't realise that he's killing the machine he loves via his actions, by alienating anyone that comes into contact with him.

Garynewport would have been well within his rights under our rules to completely ignore Rwap's silent bid via PM, but he was preyed upon as a new member by an experienced trader that should have known better than to break our site rules, with two clear violations that were beyond defence. As such, I don't hold Garynewport accountable for this situation, as he was new and was still coming to terms with how we work on AmiBay.

If ruthless people do this and we catch them at it, they will always get banned, as we don't want their kind exploiting our members purely for profit, whilst not giving anything back to the community in return.

skagon
20th October 2013, 23:45
You can go tell him that on qlforum.co.uk where I went ballistic and had a major clash.
But you know, it's his domain in there and I had little to no support -- and a few attacks too.

For the record, I don't blame Gary at all. He got used by what I like to call "a vulture" and I am sure he feels much worse now after the "scalping" than any ban could ever have.

Merlin
21st October 2013, 13:44
Actually, I never even realised that it was against the forum rules on that site - never having bought anything or sold anything on it, but well no great loss there for me being banned for simply buying goods from someone wanting to sell them!

:double

This says it all really; rwap completely (and conveniently) forgot the rules that he accepted when he joined the site, as he saw an offer that he couldn't resist. He didn't give a monkey's about our rules as long as he got the items. He dosn't see ahything wrong in what he did, as he's s ruthless trader. Greed is good...

Good riddance. :thumbsdown:

fatbob_gb
21st October 2013, 13:52
I find it interesting that the QLforum site that he claims innocence on has exectly the same rules about Buying/Selling.

ColourWheel64
21st October 2013, 14:59
You have my sympathy Gary. Being swindled is the most horrid feeling. Though as for Rwap, his life must be pretty unfulfilled, and I can't see his nearest and dearest caring much for his antics.

Better to be the swindled than the swindler, I always say.

No more Amibay community goodness for that particular piece of bum-cake! :thumbsup: