Closed C64C Keyboard mounts

I think the mounts are different depending on whether you have a long board or a short board. Do you know which board you have?

I think the board is original to the case and it looks like a "short" version. It is a Rev 4. The case has mounting holes for both long and short boards and only the inner screw holes have been used.

I have also figured out why the mounts are missing and it aint pretty! :blink:

On one of my C64c's the one with clips on the bottom instead of screws for holding the case together, the keyboard fits/clips into the top of the case.

The motherboard version is 250469 rev A short type and the keyboard connector is middle right on the motherboard and the LED connector is top left. I thought that the supports were missing on that one until I tried to fit the keyboard in the lid and found that that is where its supposed to go.

Maybe your model is similar ;)

Sure send me a PM and will work something out.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

On one of my C64c's the one with clips on the bottom instead of screws for holding the case together, the keyboard fits/clips into the top of the case.

The motherboard version is 250469 rev A short type and the keyboard connector is middle right on the motherboard and the LED connector is top left. I thought that the supports were missing on that one until I tried to fit the keyboard in the lid and found that that is where its supposed to go.

Maybe your model is similar ;)

This one here is a screw model, if only life was simple! Commodore could have put clips into the lid, would not be worrying about this problem now. But hey ho! Will get it sorted.

Oh and ive only ever seen one solitary clip-type model! It belonged to a mate years ago. He was given it as a christmas present back in 1990? (I think?) memory is not all that great regarding stuff.

I'm pleased you are getting it sorted out with Exilent, the variations of the C64 is more than I had expected but they are wonderful computers to work on (y)

Back
Top Bottom