PDA

View Full Version : pick up today..

jvdbossc
22nd March 2010, 21:02
I've picked up a lot, ... :roll:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3351/jvb4599.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/i/jvb4599.jpg/)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1589/jvb4600.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/jvb4600.jpg/)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7928/jvb4601.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/i/jvb4601.jpg/)

Merlin
22nd March 2010, 21:20
Good God!! :wooha:

Where do you guys manage to find this stuff?

Muzer
22nd March 2010, 21:30
Ooh, 2 C128s if I'm not mistaken... wish I found one of those...

jvdbossc
22nd March 2010, 21:34
I had to drive 2x 108 kilometers, and paid the price of the A1200 pictured in the lot..:bowdown: No I am not going to pay 300 EU for an 1987 machine:mad: (I wanted to have the A1000..)

What I do is use sites that pick up or better collect local sales sites and mail me if anything turns up. (so I use keywors AMIGA AND "A500 OR A2000 or a3000 etc..)

I saw this one with the A1000, stated as A2000. The user had it in some sort of "dumbster" garage.

I asked him to throw away:

The tape drives
one monitor
Magazines

Sorry.. No space in my car left, it had already my photography stuff in it..

I will sell some stuff later with undercut prices in the future...

This means that I only need one machine to:nuts: be complete: A3000.:thumbsup: I am going to forget about the A3000 UX, the variations on A2000, and the pets..

These day's some sites sell floppy drives for 40 EU, oh :help::nuts: I wanted to have at least one Amiga external drive, got 3 to restore..

AndyLandy
22nd March 2010, 21:39
CRIKEY! That's an impressive haul! I needs me some of that kind of luck!

Nice work, Jurgen. Have fun playing with those. :-)

J.T.Kirk
22nd March 2010, 22:08
Top stuff, top stuff!!! :thumbsup:

RedDaemonFox
22nd March 2010, 22:12
Nice haul, look forward to the sale.

jvdbossc
22nd March 2010, 22:24
Dreamcast, I do not understand what you mean..

For sure I will sell some stuff, but I am a private person, enjoying to get my collection of C= complete that's my fun of posting this..:roll: And getting a complete collection is how to do it economical..:) My dream is to get the complete line of AMIGA in my house...

What will be on sale is the most generic stuff, meaning not much dollars..:huh: And for sure, I can't sell much on amibay, since shipping is expensive...

I am well paid, I am not after a few bucks on amibay..Even if I can have the most out of it, what would be the pleasure? I never paid for paid s***xs, because it's not fun that way, this is the same for me:thumbsup:

Kin Hell
22nd March 2010, 22:28
Dreamy can come over a little cold sometimes, but I dont think he means any harm by it. ;)

It's just Dreamy being Dreamy. :D

Kin

arnljot
22nd March 2010, 22:36
I will sell some stuff later with undercut prices in the future...

This is the quote that wet Dreamys appetite.

Btw, that's one huge batch of RetroBrite you'll have to mix! :blink:

Firthy2002
22nd March 2010, 22:36
Nice haul!

A few are in severe need of a retr0bright treatment though!

Kin Hell
22nd March 2010, 22:39
Retr0bright by the skip load. :D

Kin

jvdbossc
22nd March 2010, 22:42
Uuhm, I took it the other way, but not mad .. .. Why have a discussion over small stuff..

I am little disappointed that most users overhere are UK or USA, I don't have a problem with that, but it means exchanging stuff difficult..

When I look at the Amiga forum site for Belgium, Once In a month there is a new post, how to hook up a television set to a C64 :mad: etc.. Not much fun, I am not a member and did not meet them. Probably have the largest collection by now...

We have when having study or cheap bring your own meat bar be cue's overhere.. Maybe I'll do just that.. Bring your own meat, and other retro stuff, and take some pic's..;

arnljot
22nd March 2010, 22:45
If it's any consolation, it's the same here in Norway... There was an amiga meeting here in norway recently, but it was too difficult to get there. Too far ouside of Oslo for a guy with no car.

Kin Hell
22nd March 2010, 22:48
^^^^^^

....so get a car!... :D

Kin

jvdbossc
22nd March 2010, 23:05
Arnjot, I've spend today when driving the whole time, feeling sick because of the dust in my car, I am allergic to dust...:( When I came home I had a couple of 33cc pints (plain wather) to feel better..:dry: I finished them quicker then a beer :D

But hey know the feeling, I had several bad times...no car... no money... Take it from me: talent is like oil, it get's on top.. It never changes, that is for sure the reason why there are still Amiga people...:thumbsup:

RedDaemonFox
22nd March 2010, 23:10
Meant no offense, my friend, I wrongly assumed you would be selling some off, by the quote Arnljot mentioned and by the sheer volume of it all, heck that all would take up my bedroom alone! BTW, were you driving an SUV or something? I can't imagine that all fitting in any of the cars I have except my Chevy Suburban, but 108 km!? Thats ~60 miles! Heck, I'd go that far too, except it would cost me like $40 of gas to drive that much and back.

Merlin
23rd March 2010, 08:58
Retr0bright by the skip load. :D

Kin

At a push, I could arrange for it to be delivered by road tanker......:mrgreen:

@jvdbossc

You may want to speak to TheCorfiot about the C128s; I know that he needs some keys to restore one that he's working on and I notice that one of them also has some keys missing in your stash of goodies......:thumbsup:

jvdbossc
23rd March 2010, 09:31
@ Merlin

I already promised to send a 128 D keyboard 3 times, it never gets shipped, because the shipping cost is to high.

If the Corfiot needs a couple key's of it, he can have them for free, it is the same keyboard, and no C128 needs to die then. (I only wan't the missing key I need off it to restore the unit pictured..)

I am not going to break working unints, preserving future, nobody is going to create real new ones:nod:

Merlin
23rd March 2010, 10:23
I am not going to break working units, preserving future, nobody is going to create real new ones:nod:

What a brilliant statement that captures exactly how I feel about certain people, who buy machines just to break them and sell them as spares; although they may provide a useful service to some, I can't help but shed a tear inside, when I know another one has been laid to rest...:(

Kin Hell
23rd March 2010, 10:25
I am not going to break working units, preserving future, nobody is going to create real new ones:nod:

What a brilliant statement that captures exactly how I feel about certain people, who buy machines just to break them and sell them as spares; although they may provide a useful service to some, I can't help but shed a tear inside, when I know another one has been laid to rest...:(

Sentimental old0r fool. :roll:

C'mere Merly & have a hug ffs! :grouphug:

Kin

jvdbossc
23rd March 2010, 10:31
:D Have fun, :D

Merlin please inform you're friend of the offer, shipping a couple of key's won't mean high shipping costs.. The key's look exactly the same of the Desktop keyboard.

moijk
23rd March 2010, 11:54
I've picked up a lot, ... :roll:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3351/jvb4599.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/i/jvb4599.jpg/)

Ooh, the boxed C64 is the same we had - exactly same box - but the motherboard died and I guess its trown away. I'd take that one if you feel you got too many. ;) (the c64 with brown f-keys in blue box)

SkydivinGirl
23rd March 2010, 14:59
WOW! Look at all that 8-Bit and 16-Bit goodness! Quite a nice haul! I hope you have a lot of fun restoring everything. :thumbsup:

Heather

Countraven
23rd March 2010, 15:08
Jurgen!

Great stuff man! I am happy that the deal with that guy is finally done as you wished!

Enjoy your new stuff man!

jvdbossc
23rd March 2010, 15:19
Txs Countraven,

Still no news for the rest I am afraid..

The seller was not really mister social, communication very badly..

Well anyway got what I wan't, cleaning, testing, and sorting can begin..

Firthy2002
23rd March 2010, 23:15
Well anyway got what I wan't, cleaning, testing, and sorting can begin..

Post pics of the A1000! Never seen one in action!

jvdbossc
24th March 2010, 09:03
I never saw an A1000 in action to.. :huh: It is a little wet at the moment, but probably will be dry this evening.:)

I am testing the other units, going to offer some stuff for sale. Only the stuff I got 3 x times.

Most brown C64 are dead like expected.:blink: Already found 2 units with broken RF modulator, 1 video chip gone, one I/O chip one etc..

I am going to offer tested units through proper channel here, so please do not use this thread for sales requests, it is difficult for the moderators, and I could be blamed price driving, while this not my intention.

AndyLandy
24th March 2010, 10:38
I am going to offer tested units through proper channel here, so please do not use this thread for sales requests, it is difficult for the moderators, and I could be blamed price driving, while this not my intention.

Good man! That's what we like to see. :-)

Best of luck with both the sales, and the ones you decide to keep :-)

Firthy2002
24th March 2010, 15:00
Most brown C64 are dead like expected.:blink: Already found 2 units with broken RF modulator, 1 video chip gone, one I/O chip one etc..

Still good for parts though, right?

jvdbossc
24th March 2010, 18:43
Yup, I will keep the Amiga 1000 of course, most brown C64 will leave, I already got 4 with some errors. And some old stock to..

i am stacking them labeled, will clean the casing in washing machine powder, clean the mobo, and chip over a little to see how much units revive.

if anything left will offer chips for repairs to, if somebody has a broken unit and want's to have some for a small amount. (taken from my main working machine)

Muzer
24th March 2010, 19:39
I'd also like a SID or two - one of the older ones, and one either type (can't remember numbers offhand)

jvdbossc
24th March 2010, 19:48
If 5 eu all in including shipping is reasonable I can sen't you an older type..I cannot sent a newer type, since they tend not to break the new C64, handling could be a few day's, shipping could take long, sen't me a PM if you agree.