Kyiv
Hello,

I'm thinking to mount one A1200 tower based on:

- Blizzard 1230 IV 030/50, FPU 050, SCSI Kit, 196MB
- Mediator 1200 LT4
- Radeon 1200 128MB
- Voodoo 3 3000
- Spider II USB

The B1230 will be enough for this setup or system will be very slow?

hi mate you should be fine with 1230

what do you want to do with the system

Hi,

Nothing special.... working with some programming apps, play WHDLoad games and play some 3D games, demos, .....

the 3d games maybe sluggish but should be ok, as long as demos are not 060 demos that should be ok too

the rest will be great for your system

WHDLoad wont use voodoo or radeon only aga output

Hey Pablo my friend, it will be nice and snappy actually since RTG really speeds up workbench and you have have a nice high colour setup without performance loss. As John says 3D stuff wont have enough MIPs to be super smooth but the RTG will give it a little boost (for stuff that uses it like Genetic Species, Doom, etc)

Some Emulators can use RTG too like ASP (nice ZX Spectrum emulator) which also works with AHI :)

Thanks Steve, my friend.

The 3D performance is not a big problem, because I can play 3D games on A4K's and..... normally I play only WHDLoad games :LOL:

Most important is an smooth Workbench to use some development tools, like AMOS, C++, ... Maybe I need to promote some screens (AMOS for sure) but this is another history :LOL:

Just another question (out of my own thread title :LOL: ) I have another A1200 with BPPC & BVPPC and I want to use it on an LCD TV/Monitor... So, what's the best resolution for BVPPC's?

I'm using now 800x600 at 24 bit, but setting the screen modes to 1024x768 24 bit, I get some blurring :(

Try 16bit screen modes above 800x600 you might have more success, also if you have 16x9 TV use the recommended screen mode 1366x768 for example :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Hi mi friends.

When setting resolution to 1024x768 24 bit at 50hz the screen is good on my LCD, but any attempts to go up to 60Hz, 72Hz, ... blurring image :(

Also CGX drivers have alot of settings to configure & I'm a bit lost. There is a guide here to setup the BVPPC on widescreen LCD's ? (I can't find one)

the Board and cable are in good condition and works great with 3D games and demos, the "blurring" (and a bit flicking) issue is only in high resolutions (bigger than 800x600)

:)

Back
Top Bottom