Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenJGore

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
West Yorkshire, UK
Hello,

I'm selling a silver Sony Playstation 2 (PS2) console unit only. There are no cables, controllers, or anything else included. The model number is SCPH-39003 (although for some reason the label on the back of the PS2 states SCPH-50003). It is a UK PAL version. It is the original 'fat' version, not slimline.

The PS2 has been chipped/modded with a DMS4 1.0 Pro mod-chip. The mod-chip has a user-upgradable BIOS, and currently has ToxicBIOS v1.4 installed.

The PS2 is fully working. Cosmetically, there are quite a lot of very light marks on the top and bottom. There are two small indentations on the top. Some of the corners are worn, and one of the corners of the base has a tiny bit missing where it has been scraped.

UK only. Postage is via Royal Mail Standard Parcels and is £7. The PS2 is well packed in a strong cardboard box ready for sending.

I've not really got any idea how much this is worth, so I'll say £40 or offers. Payment via PayPal only.

Thanks!
Steve.

PS. I'm new on Amibay but I've been on EAB since 2004 with this same username and avatar.

-EDIT- Just added a picture of the ToxicOS screen, and three pictures of the actual unit itself. These were taken by me this morning, they're not just stock pictures.

Attachments

• PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #2.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #1.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #3.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #4.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #4.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #5.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1
  • PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #6.jpg
    PS2 HARDWARE Silver PS2 #6.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
that is an AWESOME ps2. DMS4/toxicOS combo is the best you can get on any ps2. good luck with the sale!

Same daleks?

Forgive my Doctor Who geekery, but I think they're the ones from the Peter Cushing movie "Daleks: Invasion Earth, 2150AD" :)
Sure is Andy, got the DVD, it's one of the spaceship's hallways. Amazing how the model of them hadn't really changed since the new Dr. Whos shown in the last 5 or 6 years.
Even now they are pretty much the same design.

And might decare interest in the PS2, does it communicate with hard drives without the need of a boot disc?

Yes, same Daleks!

Forgive my Doctor Who geekery, but I think they're the ones from the Peter Cushing movie "Daleks: Invasion Earth, 2150AD" :)

Actually, it's a colour photo taken during the filming of Patrick Troughton's first story, Power of the Daleks. Everything's blue because it looks better when shot in black and white! :)

does it communicate with hard drives without the need of a boot disc?
To communicate with the hard disk, you either need to use a boot disc, or a better solution is to use FreeMCBoot, which boots off memory card. Not only is this quicker, but it means less wear on the DVD drive. The modded console allows memory cards to be prepared with FreeMCBoot, but after that a memory card can also be used on non-modded consoles with hard disks.

Steve.

The model number is SCPH-39003 (although for some reason the label on the back of the PS2 states SCPH-50003).

Silver "fat" PS2's were first introduced with the SCPH-50003 (UK) model number (also known as version 10). These were the "+" models with a quieter fan and built in infra-red remote sensor. I think maybe the motherboard has been replaced with an older revision or the case has been replaced with a newer one at some point?

Anyway i would recommend the SCPH-39003 motherboard over the SCPH-50003 anyday if you are going to be using it with modchips and running *ahem* backups :D The latter revision board (50003) has a habit of killing the laser unit due to it having a bad LA chip which ends up burning the laser coils. This board usually requires the "Romeo Mod" to keep it alive!

no no no!!!! ToxicOS has built-in special-version-super-awesome HDDLOADER! You just boot the PS2 and you get the following, using FMCBoot is pointless in ToxicOS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYATk4BFpr8

edit: you won't get ToxicOS if the modchip installed is a clone, then you need FMCBoot...

Yes, same Daleks!

Actually, it's a colour photo taken during the filming of Patrick Troughton's first story, Power of the Daleks. Everything's blue because it looks better when shot in black and white! :)

Alas! And I thought I had it there. Either way, very cool avatar!
/me == very big Doctor Who geek! :)

or the case has been replaced with a newer one at some point
Yes, the previous owner did that.

using FMCBoot is pointless in ToxicOS!
The reason I used FreeMCBoot was because I wanted to use the prepared memory card on a non-chipped PS2 (which had quieter fans and was newer) with a network adapter and hard disk. After I got that working, I never really explored the ToxicBIOS any further. I'll check whether I can get to the ToxicOS screen as seen in the linked video.

BTW, I just found a complete list of ToxicBIOS v1.4 features, for those that don't know:

• Auto-detect and non-swap booting of all disc types (PS2, DVD, PSX, etc).
  • Support for DVD+R dual layer media.
  • Compatible with all PS2 models V1-V14.
  • Dev.olution mode (from memory card and HDD).
  • DVD region free, Macrovision removal and green screen fix for the DVD player.
  • Auto-ATAD patching for HDD-enabled games.
  • Fast boot mode for PS2, PSX and DVD movies.
  • Support for the HDD browser upgrade on a non-Sony HDD.
  • Set default boot mode to: Normal, MC/HDD Dev.olution, Fast Boot.
  • Playstation 2 game video fix (Colour Carrier, PAL, NTSC, PAL60), with automatic y-position correction.
  • Playstation 1 game video fix.
  • Enable MegaMemory memory cards without the need for the boot disc.
  • Configuration menu where various settings can be manipulated.
  • "Toxic" logo displayed at the PS2 logo screen (optional).
  • When booting from Dev.olution mode or Fast Boot, games use correct language.
  • Modchip disable mode, for online gaming.
  • Support for the Codebreaker cheat device.
  • 100% boot rate.

/me == very big Doctor Who geek!
And there's nothing wrong with that! :cool:

To communicate with the hard disk, you either need to use a boot disc, or a better solution is to use FreeMCBoot, which boots off memory card. Not only is this quicker, but it means less wear on the DVD drive. The modded console allows memory cards to be prepared with FreeMCBoot, but after that a memory card can also be used on non-modded consoles with hard disks.

Steve.
In that case, if it will work on non-modded consoles with this memory card trick I think I will stand down. Need to save the pennies but thanks anyway and sorry.
Still, with the info you gave me I think i'm going to do some research on this. :)

Best of luck with the sale Steve & welcome to AmiBay.

Okay, I've just downloaded ToxicOS 0.41 (the latest/last version) and successfully flashed it to the DMS4 1.0 Pro mod-chip. I guess this means that the mod-chip is the genuine article and not a clone! :cool:

When I boot the PS2 and hold the "square" button down, I now get ToxicOS exactly as shown in the video in Keropi's link above, rather than the Toxic screen in the image attached to the first post. There is also now an option to boot straight to ToxicOS rather than the standard PS2 menu. (y)

So the PS2 now includes ToxicOS! :nod:

Steve.

(EDIT: I made a post before this one which said it was awaiting moderation, not sure where it's gone to!)

awesome!!!! toxicOS's "hdloader" is more compatible than any FMCBoot hdloader - plus it loads faster with hdd's that have MANY games :)

First post updated with a picture of the ToxicOS screen, and three pictures of the actual unit itself. These were taken by me this morning, they're not just stock pictures.

Steve.

It is £47 delivered (£7 postage). It's okay to pay next Wednesday, I'll reserve it for you until then. I'll PM you my e-mail address to send the PayPal payment to.

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom