Not open for further replies.

itsonlyleggy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Just as the title says. Is anyone willing to upgrade my AtariJr for me?

I'll pay a reasonable amount for parts, labour and return shipping. Thanks!

Hi there

I have developed my own design video encoder module which gives superb results.
I currently have a few prototype boards left whilst waiting for the manufactured ones to arrive, the performance is identical and I would be happy to upgrade your junior for you.

It's reversible so no changes are made to the pcb and the kit even comes with a new 1.5m av cable which connects to a new mini socket fitted to the junior.

Guarenteed to work either with crt or lcd....and produces the best output on the market...

Supply and professional fitting of the kit is £25

Pls contact me by PM for more details

TC :)

the performance is identical and I would be happy to upgrade your junior for you.

I see a forthcoming champion in the quote contest here... :LOL:

Anyhow, while it is not my thread - how much for just the kit?

When the manufactured boards arrive they will be sold by member BluesBrothers who will announce them and take orders and supply etc...
The manufactured modules are very small and have a unique easy install process for all 2600 varients, most importantly they require no modifications to the host pcb...

The few prototype boards I have left are not really suitable for end user install and require professional fitting.

When the manufactured boards arrive they will be sold by member BluesBrothers who will announce them and take orders and supply etc...
The manufactured modules are very small and have a unique easy install process for all 2600 varients, most importantly they require no modifications to the host pcb...

The few prototype boards I have left are not really suitable for end user install and require professional fitting.

I think it would be cheaper to buy one from uk than to ship mine over to get it modded. I got a kit made for ntsc which i'll try to make work with the different pinout of the pal chips. but beside that i still got another one that could do with some av out. I'll do anything to avoid using rf ;)

Thanks for the reply and the info! I'll give it some thought and drop you a pm soon.

Thanks for the reply and the info! I'll give it some thought and drop you a pm soon.

You are welcome my friend...the reason it may seem a little expensive is because it is not a crude hack but a professionally designed solution hence the reason for the boast regarding the best possible output from any 2600 model...
The module contains active circuitry which recombines the pure stepped outputs directly from the TIA chip and introduces the colour signal via careful filtering.
The signal is then amplified by an onboard video amplifier to produce the correct specification Composite CVBS signal..
The original onboard 2600 video circuitry is not used at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom