Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Im after one of these thing's:

347059215_tp.jpg

Need an 8 or 10 switch one due to having a huge CRT, if anyone can help i'd be hugely greatful. I know they are on evilBay but I would ather get one of here if it is possible. :)

I see some of those in a local electronic street shop. IIRC, for R$20,00 ( ~£7.50), but Brazilian post charges too much to send it internationally.

Common price is £18.75, which I think is way too much.

Maybe you still want me to buy you one of of those?

You can get exactly one like that on the picture for £10 shipped from the other bay. I bought one for my Mac IIfx, works great (really don't know what the f**k the switches do, I get the same picture regardless the switch positions :D). :ninja:

@JL

I think the switches give MAC user's something usefull to occupy their time with :p

/TC runs away...................fast :run:

Just joking guys.............I have a PPC MAC too :shhh:

Hey, I asked for one of these a while back and got no replies :mad:

(kidding if you can't tell :p)

Thanks for the replies, I thought a tenner was alot for one of these but maybe it's the standard price (IDK).
I got a 6 switch one and it's fine on my new 7600 I had received but hopeless for my Perfomas (450, 475 and 630).
Apparently I heard from the grapevine that I will need 8 or more switches for my Sony MultiScan. Not sure how true this is but depending what the switches are set to it does have an effect on the monitor working or not.

And sorry Muzer, i'm just that cool. . . :cool:

Yeah, I have (somewhere, or at least had) a six-switch and a ten-switch version. (Think they were £5 and £10 respectively from Maplin). The switches never made any difference to anything. I never tried any really huge resolutions, but things up to 1280x1024 were fine.

They were primarily used with my collection of Quadras and Centrises, but also worked fine with a Performa 6300 and Performa 6400 that I had at one point.

I wonder where those adapters went...

Hmm strange. . . Any reason why my Performas won't work on my monitor then but my PowerMacs do? :?

The Performas are broken, maybe?

In what way "won't work" -- Do you get anything out of 'em? Do they work with a Mac monitor?

Just to update, managed to find a configuration that works (finally!!!). Still don't know how but anyway, dont need this attachment anymore for now.

Have to save the pennies and just swap the one I have with other Mac's. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom