Closed SCSI DVD-ROM drive 68pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've only seen these in external versions.

You'll have much greater chance of success if you request a normal fast scsi-ii drive, 50 pins.

68pin black wide scsi cdrom drive... I'm tempted to call that rare, but I've painted myself into a corner with postings in another thread here ;)

I think I've only seen these in external versions.

You'll have much greater chance of success if you request a normal fast scsi-ii drive, 50 pins.

68pin black wide scsi cdrom drive... I'm tempted to call that rare, but I've painted myself into a corner with postings in another thread here ;)

Do they even exist?

I've never seen a SCSI CD-ROM with anything other than a 50pin connector. If you want to use it on a 68pin cable, you use an adapter. Simple as!

Of course, black-fascia SCSI is another interesting point. Do they exist? I guess they must do, but again I've never seen one.

Apparently they do exist!

http://www.bixnet.com/16xinscdolad.html

(I have no experience of this trader, link is simply to show that such things exist)

UPDATE: This drive is converted from a IDE drive with LVD SCSI-IDE bridge controller.
So this one doesn't exist, but there's a much better solution, get an IDE drive and whack a bridge on it!

I've seen that. That's an IDE drive with a SCSI2IDE bridge.

So get a bridge, they'll be cheap and you can use a far better optical drive.

After all, ATAPI (Which IDE CD drives use) is just SCSI protocol over the IDE wires.

It depends if I find a solution in my problem first.:)

I can find traces of it on google... plextor 04N2967-BLACK seems to be a 68pin (wide scsi) black internal scsi cdrom drive...

So never say never...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom