PDA

View Full Version : Sold Atari Falcon 030 4MB

sylvester
26th March 2010, 20:49
Hello all,
For sale is an original Atari Falcon 030/4MB, it has been tested and it is working.

This sale does not contain any books, additional hardware or extra adaptors, only the Falcon 030, an Atari mouse, some floppy disks with games and the power supply cable.

You can find some photos grabbed from my camera here:

http://img231.imageshack.us/g/dsc00057o.jpg/

Price: 180 Euros + Shipping. I accept Bank Transfer and PayPal payments.

Thank you for looking.

JLPedro
26th March 2010, 21:35
Interested, can you give me the shipping cost to Portugal?

tabuhuso
27th March 2010, 01:55
Hi, how much money shipping toTurkey ?

Countraven
27th March 2010, 04:56
Hey Sylv.

I am interested.

Put me third in line and PM if you have no deal with any of the two previous requesters.

sylvester
27th March 2010, 11:59
I will ask for shipping prices on Monday in the order of priority.

Please notice that I have added an Atari mouse and some HD floppy disks with software in order to start using the computer.

Check here for a new photo from my mobile: http://uploading.com/files/b7add386/27032010.jpg/

Thanks

Clyd3
28th March 2010, 23:44
Hi,

Can you give me the shipping cost to Belgium ? I'm interested too. :)

Thanks

cfi
29th March 2010, 09:29
i live in Athens and defiantly i want to buy it (payment by cash Amesa )

sylvester
29th March 2010, 10:00
Hi these are the following shipping prices (via the Post):

the package will be approximately 3-4 Kg

for Portugal: 31,3 Euros for 3Kg package - 35,5 Euros for 4Kg package
for Turkey: 23,1 Euros for 3Kg package - 25,4 Euros for 4Kg package

Thanks for now
:coffee:

JLPedro
29th March 2010, 10:50
PM repleyed regarding payment.

sylvester
29th March 2010, 12:07
The Falcon030 goes to Portugal, to Pedro :thumbsup:

Thank you very much everyone for your interest.

cfi
29th March 2010, 13:17
....... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

J.T.Kirk
29th March 2010, 13:18
LOL... :rofl3

Lechuck
29th March 2010, 13:49
Come on guys, don't be jealous...

Pedro is a nice guy , even though the machine will leave Greece,

it is going to a nice home!

Nice buy Pedro:thumbsup:

JLPedro
29th March 2010, 13:53
I don't want to start any hostilities here... But Sylvester only folowed the Amibay rules.
Sorry for the ones that didn't got it but it was to good deal to leave as the Falcon is a very rare and desirable machine.

J.T.Kirk
29th March 2010, 14:47
I don't want to start any hostilities here... But Sylvester only folowed the Amibay rules.
Sorry for the ones that didn't got it but it was to good deal to leave as the Falcon is a very rare and desirable machine.

Don't worry m8. That's a greek joke.... :D

Lechuck
29th March 2010, 14:51
Hey Pedro , as Phantom said we are just kidding...

The Mediterranean way :D

J.T.Kirk
29th March 2010, 15:01
The Greek way... :D

sylvester
29th March 2010, 17:41
Falcon Sold to Pedro, thanks.

JLPedro
29th March 2010, 20:46
Payment sent! :D

sylvester
1st April 2010, 08:53
Payment received, Falcon sent today :thumbsup:

JLPedro
9th April 2010, 14:24
Falcon arrived today... or at least some of it....

Was in this state that the package arrived :****ed: :censored:, wen confronted :argue: the guy that delivered said that the package was received here in portugal in the seen condition.

After opening the package my heart stoped for some seconds as i keep seing pieces of the falcon falling of the case... :bomb. Multiple cracks on the top case, floppy drive suport broken and floppy front also broken, the fllopy drive was loose inside the falcon consequently damaging other parts.
speaker conector broken and keyboard wire loose as some of the keys also poped out of the keyboard. Even the floppy cable part that conects to the motherboard was broken!!!!
PSU as also loose.
The falcon case was so badly threated that every single point of screwing top to botom parts was broken!!!

After desmantling all of the machine and removing the loose parts, i started to put all back together.
Fortunatly no bamage done to the motherboard or psu and floppy drive also good (except for the front bezel witch i might be able to replace from a same model pc drive).

After putting all together hooked the falcon on the tv and powered it up....:bowdown: it's alive, not all is lost... floppy drive only fits hanging out of the case.

Ps: please don't stick "FRAGILE" all over the box when shipping, as it must give some sort of pleasure to the guys to thow it all over just for the sake of :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Pictures taken before opening the case and after of course...

JLPedro
9th April 2010, 14:26
Some more pics:

Justin
9th April 2010, 14:36
i feel for you m8, i had the same thing with my A4000, couriers are scum.

mfilos
9th April 2010, 14:42
FFS!!! BASTARDS!!!

I was so angry when I saw that my friend :(
Sylvester would be sad also of that mess... What can I say man. At least the soothing part is that the insides works! Maybe you'll find another case at some point.

Cheers and hope these things won't happen for anyone :(

JLPedro
9th April 2010, 14:52
The falcon case is just a normal STFM or STe case? Or am i wrong?
Probably the screwing points are not the same, and the floppy hole is diferent i think....

My head is tikling since from this morning....:deadhorse

TheCorfiot
9th April 2010, 14:55
I am so sorry to see such abuse by the postal services, makes me sick !!!!

How similar are the plastics to an STe or 1040 could you find a donor & rob some parts & rebuild it...

Serious, it's hard enough keeping the old kit working without the Bas**rd couriers throwing their tuppence at it...

So Sad...............But glad she is still alive,

TC :(

TheCorfiot
9th April 2010, 14:57
How similar are the plastics to an STe or 1040 could you find a donor & rob some parts & rebuild it...

We posted at the same time, Same Idea, I'm sure a few mods here and there will do the trick....

Ask rkauer .....he may have loads of spare Atari bits :run:

TC ;)

psodas
9th April 2010, 15:02
Another case for falcon at any condition? 99.9% no way!:(
For the pictures only this.:wooha::ninja::explode
From the pictures, the damage is not from transportation. Some ******* has blow at various points from all sides here and there. This is my friendly opinion.

My God what a mess!:mad:

Countraven
9th April 2010, 15:03
:( :( :(

cfi
9th April 2010, 15:07
what a same
:o

status
9th April 2010, 15:09
What the...?!

Sorry mate:(

TheCorfiot
9th April 2010, 15:18
It's interesting or coincidence that the last five posts are from Greek Members (Me included Corfu--iot)

We have all come out in sympathy on behalf of the Greek Postal Service..

TC :lol:

Countraven
9th April 2010, 15:18
Perhaps you can find an Atari TT case and put the Falcon in there.

See this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jeKYpqGVBA

Then you will have more space for CT63 and CTPCI.

JLPedro
9th April 2010, 15:32
I want to keep my computers as original as possible, so a TT case is out of question.

psodas
9th April 2010, 15:38
OK, if so then you can ask the wizztronics for a falcon 19" MK-X kit. Believe me, is your only option to restore your falcon case, in something that existed in the past. Now has reduse the price.
The only problem maybe is the shipping, and cost for external keyboard. But.......

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kpvXDzjiNHsJ:bbs.dhs.nu/ct60/index.php%3Frequest%3D10763+rack+mount+case+for+atari+falcon030&cd=22&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr

P.S In the past that case cost up 400$!!

amigean
9th April 2010, 16:06
This is terrible - I am so sorry for you. I happen to be Greek too and the Greek post are terrible but even they could not have done this just in the course of transporting it.

Seeing the extent of the damage I believe this was done with malice, aiming to do maximum damage. Ataris are made with strong plastic, it would take a considerable amount of effort to inflict such damage. File a claim with the courier company/post office, give them the picture and make a huge fuss about it, you are due some compensation.

another thing: How could the delivery person know that it arrived like that in Portugal? Did he personally carry it from the airport to your house? Don't let them get away with it!

Countraven
9th April 2010, 17:08
Yes I would ask for some money back as well!!!

JLPedro
9th April 2010, 17:13
The posibilities are being discusted with Sylvester as he made an insurence of the Falcon for the shipping.

Nathanieltolbert
9th April 2010, 17:31
There should be laws that allow you to do to the shipping workers what they do to your package. So if it looks like a baseball bat has been taken to the package you should be able to do so in kind to the workers. That would solve the problem of damaged packages quite quickly I think. That just turns my stomach to see the damage done to that machine. Falcons are supposed to be excellent computers, for Atari computers.

Countraven
10th April 2010, 02:17
Well as I already written, I would ask for some money back form the post if I was in the same situation. Hope that the insurance will have this result.

rkauer
10th April 2010, 03:06
I will keep quiet. Sorry for your money, Pedro.

sylvester
10th April 2010, 15:00
I have never seen a package in a such bad condition.

Once upon the time, over 3 years ago, I received a Spectrum +3 from Portugal and it was broken, but I replaced the above from an auction on ebay and now Spectrum is working great.
Of course you cannot use the above plastic of a ST to a Falcon, as the ports/slots are different.

The good point is that I secured the package at a fair value, so it's possible to get the money from it, to return it to Pedro, but I have some answers:

a. I cannot understand the photos with the disconnected cables inside the computer (how can this happen?)
b. how has the package been destroyed so much ? Falcon was packed in another one Carton inside this box (Pedro doesn't show it in the photos)
c. who can approve that the package has been broken in Greece or in Portugal and who will pay for this destruction ?

Anyway, we will be in communication with Pedro in order to claim the money from both sides.

coze
10th April 2010, 15:11
maybe it was some Amiga fanatic in the postal service who did this :explode

my condolences !

asm1
10th April 2010, 15:33
Pedro

I don't know if you are familiar with Simbo from the Atari Forums. It just so happens that he is cooking me dinner this evening - he lives accross the city from me.

I mention it because he is a bit of a Hardware guru (he is setting up my falcon for me and has sorted out some bits for my miggy) and he loves all things Atari. Now I cant promise anything but he has LOTS of spares (possibly a complete case for a falcon) If you would like I can ask him for you....

let me know

Andrew

PS - this made me feel ill. :(

JLPedro
10th April 2010, 20:20
@ asm1

That my friend would be awsome!!!

But lets wait and see what appens with the post offices.

asm1
11th April 2010, 00:14
@ asm1

That my friend would be awsome!!!

But lets wait and see what appens with the post offices.

I did ask, and sadly he doesn't have a spare case :Doh: I hope you get things sorted with the post office :thumbsup:.

Sorry to get your hopes up :(

Andrew

keropi
11th April 2010, 02:52
thread cleaned.

anymore references to "pasok" , out of topic posts or flame-baits will resolve to infraction points or worse.
Any probs - PM me. Thread WILL BE KEPT CLEAN.

J.T.Kirk
11th April 2010, 12:29
I like democracy. :thumbsup:

JLPedro
11th April 2010, 16:07
@ All

As there's been alot if discusion about the packaging and now some of the post being moderated in cause of this (i don't know what pasok means and really dont care), really don't think anything really ofensive as been said, so i decided to add some more pics for all to decide if it as or not well packed.
I tried to take this the polite way and give Sylvester the benefict of dought but as Phantom pointed the packaging was not satisfatory, period.
Sorry Sylvester but the truth as to be said, and from the added pics weither you accept it was not very well protected or deny it. I really hope for a positive decision on the Post offices and that i can receive at least some part to cover damages.

As the pics show the Falcon was wrapped in the back plastic inside the smaller cardboard, on the bottom were some smashed newspapers, the small cardboard with the Falcon as on top of the newspapers and on top of everything was a plastic bag with some floppy's, cables and the computer mouse. All this as inside the smashed exterior cardboard case.

Merlin
11th April 2010, 16:24
I like democracy. :thumbsup:

@ Phantom

So do I, because it works both ways, as you will have found out by now....:dry: Infraction points have been issued to you.

Any further mention of the "p" word will result in you taking a short vacation from AmiBay.

Have we made ourselves we clear about this......??

J.T.Kirk
11th April 2010, 16:28
Sure Merlin, but I'm not the only one that used the "p" reference here, and especially in this thread I didn't use it directly.

Merlin
11th April 2010, 16:38
Let me make myself absolutely clear about this.

When it comes to the use of the particular "p" word we are discussing, it is usually you that starts things off. It has not gone unnoticed...

We have more than one Greek on the Admin team on here and if they don't like it, then the Admins don't either.

It's not necessary and it's not welcome, so let's just knock it on the head from here on in, OK?

End of discussion on the matter.

J.T.Kirk
11th April 2010, 16:41
You didn't answer to me Merlin, but anyway, whatever you say.

End of story.

asm1
11th April 2010, 17:06
Spoke to Simbo about this last night, and whilst he didnt have a spare case as I mentioned above, he said the the falcon Will fit an STe case, although the back panel where the ports are will need to be modified for them to fit. Not great if you want originality BUT its a thought.

psodas
11th April 2010, 17:58
A falcon 19" MK-X kit is the only way!;)

amigean
11th April 2010, 18:02
Probably off-topic, but there's a square hole visible on the right-hand side between the keyboard and the floppy (in both the 'before' and 'after' photos). Is this standard in Falcons?

keropi
11th April 2010, 18:14
Well congrats. Bravo. Phantom effectivelly shitted ALL OVER the thread, flame baiting even mods. Warnings have been issued, infraction points have been issued, but STILL NO. Somehow Phantom still needs to have the last word, still needs to make ironic comments.

Well here is something to think, even with those pics posted: WHAT EXACTLY makes you think - BOTH JLPedro and Phantom - that EVEN if there where bubble wrapping/whatever to the last inch, that package would survive? Someone dropped it, put a lot of weight on top and generally did not pay the slightest attention. That thing was destined to be smashed - END of story. JUST LOOK AT HOW MUCH COMPRESSED IS THE CARTON! The insides would still be smashed! Jeez!
Anyway this package was insured, so a refund would be given. I only jope JLP reported the damaged package to his postal agency when he got it...

Kin Hell
11th April 2010, 18:26
@ All

As there's been alot if discusion about the packaging and now some of the post being moderated in cause of this (i don't know what pasok means and really dont care), really don't think anything really ofensive as been said, so i decided to add some more pics for all to decide if it as or not well packed.
I tried to take this the polite way and give Sylvester the benefict of dought but as Phantom pointed the packaging was not satisfatory, period.
Sorry Sylvester but the truth as to be said, and from the added pics weither you accept it was not very well protected or deny it. I really hope for a positive decision on the Post offices and that i can receive at least some part to cover damages.

As the pics show the Falcon was wrapped in the back plastic inside the smaller cardboard, on the bottom were some smashed newspapers, the small cardboard with the Falcon as on top of the newspapers and on top of everything was a plastic bag with some floppy's, cables and the computer mouse. All this as inside the smashed exterior cardboard case.

Oh Gee! - I'm sorry for your loss fella. :(
That packing was just not up to the job & it looks like a heavy wieght has been stacked on it as keropi points out.

It might be an Atari ( :shhh: rkauer ffs! :twisted: ) but a very rare beast all the same. - Poor job all round.

Thank goodness for Insurance eh! ;)

All the best,

Kin

psodas
11th April 2010, 18:52
Probably off-topic, but there's a square hole visible on the right-hand side between the keyboard and the floppy (in both the 'before' and 'after' photos). Is this standard in Falcons?

Not is not standard at all. And that is the reason who I say, cause this Falcon is hitted at various places. I dont understand this hole, and the floppy crash from outside to inside. This can not be done by extra pressure. All the other damages can.
Finally, the bubbles are always needed in one package, but in this case would not offer anything. Here Gentlemen, we are talking about RAGE.

keropi
11th April 2010, 19:04
also notice that was the external box, to my understanding there was an internal one with the actual machine. Someone tried to "zip" the package :(

JLPedro
11th April 2010, 19:47
@ Keropi

One thing as nothing to do with the other. Of course it could be damaged even if well packed, i'm not arguing that.
And yes i'v reported it and made a claim, and waiting for Sylvester to do the same in Greece.

@ Amigean, Psodas

The holes in the side and in the back, are common on Falcons used in music studios, they were made to fit cables for midi. They were already there.

psodas
11th April 2010, 20:05
@ Amigean, Psodas

The holes in the side and in the back, are common on Falcons used in music studios, they were made to fit cables for midi. They were already there.

For Midi??? Why not direct from the external midi ports at the left side?:unsure:
Maybe you mean for some other sound project. But this ussually connected to DSP port, and or ACSI.
Anyway, for some reason they were there before Falcon get to you.

P.S Unless you mean holes in the back right side for audio signal output via rca connectors, and in some cases a potentiometer for level out.

Merlin
11th April 2010, 20:09
You didn't answer to me Merlin, but anyway, whatever you say.

End of story.

No, but ultimately, you answer to me....:****ed:

One week's holiday granted to Phantom, courtesy of the Admins....

@ everyone else

Carry on; normal service has now been resumed......

Kin Hell
11th April 2010, 23:57
/....Merlin dust's off the Law Giver....

:tumble

Kin

sylvester
12th April 2010, 13:02
Meanwhile, we are working with Pedro to claim the money of the security.
This procedure will be last some weeks, so I would suggest to Moderators to close this thread if Pedro agrees with that.

Thanks

Seaside
12th April 2010, 13:25
A)Pedro i'm sorry for this mess.....

B)As far i can see from the photos looks like someone sh.....head in the customs opened the parcel and then didn't secure it.

C)There is no good or bad post office.

In the past i had serious problems with Royal Fail and ParcelForce.

DHL Paket is very very very slow from Germany to Greece. 4 weeks for a standard non insured package is too long. Next time i'll drive there to go and get it.

Personally i prefer to pay the double or triple to acquire something cause i don't want to live in the stress. "I will receive it or not"

Last two months i "lost"

a)One C64 mouse for use with GEOS (from Germany)
b)and now the A501+ memory. (From The Netherlands)

I'm not worry for the amount i'm worry that i'll never find those pieces again.

I have a lot of connections (friends) in the Greek Post Offices.

From Italy to Greece basically for standard packets which they travel along Europe with trucks a lot of bad things happening every single day. Packages lost, others are stolen.

I suggest to anyone here to deal only with trackable and FULL insured methods.

On the other hand courier services like EMS,DHL Express,Fedex and others are very very expensive.

Do not worry Pedro. If the mainboard is ok you will find a replacement or a dead FALCON to exchange the case. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

salaxi54
12th April 2010, 15:04
@JLPedro: Really sorry for your loss there! :(
Maybe it's not the perfect solution, but from what i can see in various pictures the 1040 ST appears to have an identical casing. Maybe some owner of both models can put them side by side and enlighten us on that!
If that is the case, removing the labels from the one and placing them on the other will fool anyone in believing it's an original Falcon case...

Merlin
12th April 2010, 15:16
@ Seaside

Sorry about you losing the A501+.

If it's any use to you, I have a spare Amram-X 512Kb upgrade for the A500 that I would be willing to let you have free. There is a minor bit of battery damage, but I think it will still work.

psodas
12th April 2010, 15:18
@Salaxi54

Friend, it not the same in any case. Neither the ST nor the STE case much! The back (connector) side is totally different. Also the face and position of the floppy is different.:)

Seaside
12th April 2010, 17:03
@ Seaside

Sorry about you losing the A501+.

If it's any use to you, I have a spare Amram-X 512Kb upgrade for the A500 that I would be willing to let you have free. There is a minor bit of battery damage, but I think it will still work.

Thank You very much gr8 wizard.

The old A500 i have is already equipped with this (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/a504) and this (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/baseboard) and this (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/search.pl?product=A590&company=)

I have also a 501 (512kb)

i just wanted the A501+ because is a bit rare and original.

Many Thanks....for your offer.

TheCorfiot
12th April 2010, 17:05
OK I think it's time to close this thread now.

If Sylvestor or JLPedro would like it re-opened pls let me know.

TC :)