Closed Datacorder lid/cover for Spectrum +2A

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
Anyone have a spare Datacorder lid/cover in good condition?

Just got hold of a very good, fully working +2A unit but the clear-plastic of the Datacorder itself is all scuffed (like someone's attacked it with sandpaper! :blink: ).

So just need a replacement to make this one dispaly-able :D

Any offers?

(Also, if someone could take me through the procedure of replacing it, that would be great! (y) It's been many, many years since I owned one of these...).

Ive been told that the same process that fixes scratches on CD's can be used on that clear plastic to make it like new again, im sure someone here knows more but to get that bit off theres a long "lip" at the bottom and at the top are two small lips on the top edge but to the sides, apply some pressure near the top edge from underneath and it should pop right off

The clear part comes off very easily. Push it to one side whilst gently pushing it up from underneath and it should come free.
As Macc says, it can be polished. Try sanding it with 1000 then 3000 grit paper and soapy water. Then use a car paint cutting compound and a microfibre cloth or old towel to polish it up.

No, sorry. not with this one. No way any sanding will take this off.

It's very bad, not just light surface scratches, I'm afraid... :(

Ahh. Never mind then. :(
I'll have a dig around my spares tomorrow and see if I have any decent ones and let you know. I do have one or 2 terminal +2s but they've been boxed away for about 9 months since I moved house so I can't remember what condition they are.

BUMPing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Still looking for a nice one... (y)

Still needed for my +2A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom