PDA

View Full Version : Found Dead external floppy drive

Chinners
28th March 2010, 19:23
I am looking for a broken/not working or cheap external 3.5 floppy drive. Actually, I really just want the case to use for another non Amiga project.

I would prefer a non working unit without the drive to save on postage - as I don't want to destroy an existing working item, but have no need for the connectgor or actual drive - I just need a case to fit a 3.5" floppy drive in :whistle:.

clueless
28th March 2010, 19:30
any good for ya?

Chinners
28th March 2010, 19:45
any good for ya?

Yup. I don't need the cable or PCB, can you PM me what you want for the case inc postage to sunny Scarborough (that bit of Yorkshire if you head towards Leeds, but don't stop :D )

Jason

clueless
28th March 2010, 20:54
only need the postage matey, not worth anything to me ;) - will pm you when its wrapped and weighed - doubt its more than 3 quid.
To be clear, you want the case and the metal shield with everything stripped off it?

tokyoracer
28th March 2010, 22:39
If you ever need another one let me know Jasey. :)

Chinners
29th March 2010, 01:03
only need the postage matey, not worth anything to me ;) - will pm you when its wrapped and weighed - doubt its more than 3 quid.
To be clear, you want the case and the metal shield with everything stripped off it?

Yep, I only want the case and the metal shield. I am using it as a container for another 3.5 floppy which has been modified for use with my Amstrad, so the PCB and cable is not much use.

Let me know when you're ready, but don't put yourself out too much :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 01:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

If you ever need another one let me know Jasey. :)

Will do, if I start mass-manufacturing these things :)

clueless
29th March 2010, 09:37
2.14 first class, wrapped and waiting for details. PM'ed you about paypal deets :thumbsup:

Chinners
29th March 2010, 09:52
2.14 first class, wrapped and waiting for details. PM'ed you about paypal deets :thumbsup:

:D

sent. Thanks!

clueless
30th March 2010, 10:31
Posted out first class this morning

Chinners
31st March 2010, 13:49
The drive case arrived this morning. Very well packed - thanks Clueless! I think this thread can now be closed. Will leave feedback.

Now - where's my Dremel?

Only joking - I know exactly where it is! :butcher:

Will post pictures of it once modified.