Underwelmist!
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Staffordshire
Have not got around to taking photos yet but I had to at least get some info on here about this machine! Its the best Ive EVER seen (EVER!!), stored in a warehouse since Feb 86 where it was sent for repair due to a faulty modulator.

Basically the machine was launched in Jan 86 and returned the following month where its lived ever since getting to me the other day, no dust, dirt, dinks, dents, scratches, anything!

Comes with box that has some shelf wear and psu/Daleys supertest (sealed) and Never Ending Story/Power Supply/Tape and RF Leads (still sealed in a bag) plus an Introductory manual that wasnt in the box but one I had spare.

Looking at £160 plus postage for what literally is, the best example of this machine you will ever see!

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow!

PS the machine works btw! They repaired the fault but never sent it back!

Last edited:
It´s the best ZX Spectrum ever. The first 128K model with the famous, massive heat sink, which made it look like a toast rack.

c2a3cab6dd-_21.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0426.JPG
    IMG_0426.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
And two more

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
@Macc

I have to admit, I have seen many 128k Toasties.... but this..... this is clearly the best I have seen.

Thanks for sharing this pictures, perhaps upload them to your AmiBay album?

Good luck with your sale(s)

Cheers Zetro! Ive done that now!

stored in a warehouse since Feb 86 where it was sent for repair due to a faulty modulator.

I feel for the poor guy who have patently waited 27 years for his new 128k to be fixed :p

In a word - Wow. I haven't seen one in that condition since 1986. Truely "like new".

Bryce.

After this amount of time I would seriously be thinking about putting a complaint in! :D

@sir_beaker I dont see how using a DivIDE would be a problem, as long as its set up correctly etc it should just work!

I haven't used that tape amplifier before sorry, always relied on good old tapes!

Jesus Christ, Macc! Where do you get all the "mintis" from? Tempted by the toast rack and the French +2, but just spent too much on my 3rd SAM...;)

Typical Sinclair really, the heatsink is to dissipate heat from the tiny 7805 regulator inside thats attached to it, there were and are better ways of doing it but are a little bit more expensive. Worse still is instead of releasing this in Sept 85 in time for the Xmas market he chose to release it in Jan 86 instead due to high numbers of 48k+ machines still in stock, therefore not many as anticipated were sold.
Still, inadvertently he created a bit of an icon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom