Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I have this problem since a week now.

I want to create 2 different partitions on my A1200 using AmigaOS 3.1. I use HDToolBox to create them. Although it creates the first one (DH0) and I can see the icon (NDOS), so I can format it and install AmigaOS 3.1.

But for the second partition (DH1), although everything seems to work (even on Early StartUp Menu, I can see it), its icon doesn't appear under Workbench so I can format it and use it.

Any ideas?:help:

Have you tried to the start the Format program from the System drawer in Workbench? as that gives you a requestor where you can choose which drive/partition to format.

Nothing happens. And even doing an Info under CLI, it doesn't appear!!:blink:

I can see it only under Early StartUp Menu, and not in Workbench.:dry:

Yes, I did that with the same result.:(

40GB. But before I had just the boot partition at 1GB and the rest 3GB as the second (as I cannot use far than 4GB anyway without IDEFix etc), without any problems.

What happens if you issue the 'format blah blah DH1: ....' on CLI?
Asks to insert the DH1: ?

Can you add SFS/PFS and format it as SFS/PFS ?

I remember I had a similar problem on my A1200, (80GB HD) then pissed off and installed the SFS.

Chris

I'm under the impression he already has SFS installed...

If so...

Have you formated DH1 as:
SFSFormat DRIVE DH1: NAME Phantom (for example)
or just used the Format under the Pull down menu???

With SFSFormat I get a Guru error. LOL... nice... :)

How I can use the simple Format option from the pull-down menu, as the system cannot see it (only in Early Startup Menu as I said before)? :unsure:

Maybe lowering the partition size a bit will help?

I'm trying to create the 2nd partition with the rest size the HDToolBox can see (and that's about 3,5GB in space). Maybe must be lower <2GB to work? I heard something like the before, but I don't really remember clearly.

In fact, SCSI.device pre-OS3.5 will only see the first 4Gb, but the partitions can be set to any value you like, with some hit penalties:

-Some installable programs will not understand the size of a partition is it have more than 2Gb. They "think" the partition have a negative value until half of it is used;

-If a validation problem occurs you'll never get the partition back again using Disksalv or with the built-in validator in ROM. Quarterback Tools may help if the partition is 3.0/3.1 FFS;

-For the same reason above, my Work: partition is 600Mb, Games1: is 2Gb, Other: is the remaining (for music, pictures, demos, transfer files), Sys: is variable accordingly to the type of Amiga and OS version used, from 60 to 240Mb (which is a complete overkill in my POW).

- On A1200T (Mediator + 060) I have more partitions: one exclusive for mail and another for browsers cache (they crash the partition from time to time). My 80Gb HD is not even filled to a third part!

The problem is probably HDToolbox within Workbench3.1.
Do you have an OS3.9 Emergency boot disk you can use with the OS3.9 CDROM?
The HDToolbox under OS3.9 deals with bigger hard drives far better.

I had similar issues myself only a week ago. ;)

Kin

The problem is that I don't have a CD-ROM in A1200. I'm thinking of going with IDEFix.

^^^^^^

Do ya wanna buy a squirrel SCSI adapter?
All you need then, is an External SCSI CDROM.
Do ya wanna buy an External SCSI CDROM?

Well do ya? :mrgreen:

Kin

PS. What 030 card are you using?

Hahahaha... no I don't want a CD-ROM. :LOL:

The best 030 accelerator of all time. A Blizzard MKIV of course. (y)

It worked. It seems that it cannot see partitions more than 2GB though.:dry:

Use HDInstTool instead of HDToolbox. It works perfectly with large HDDs and can correctly see the size of drives over 4GB.

If you are using SFS then are you sure you have set all parameters correctly when creating the partitions? Have a look here for a full guide.

Use HDInstTool instead of HDToolbox. It works perfectly with large HDDs and can correctly see the size of drives over 4GB.

I got this message now, and I got it before and I forgot to mention it to you: "You are not authorised to view this resource."

Although HDInstTools can see 8GB, I had problems if creating a partition over 2GB, as stated before.

If you are using SFS then are you sure you have set all parameters correctly when creating the partitions? Have a look here for a full guide.

Thanks for the guide though. :)

Back
Top Bottom