Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I'm looking for a working internal floppy drive for an A1200.
I have several a500 drives but they don't fit the case.
I have a drive i took from an a600 but i get read errors on every disk i try so I'm looking for an as cheap as possible replacement so i can get my a1200 fully working again.

Thanks

Mike

My good friend Mike, please check the PSU first: it may not provide enough voltage to make the unit run.

hey my friend, the psu is from an a500 and when i use an a500 drive with the top off the machine it works fine so i'm going with faulty drive.
I'd stick with the a500 drive but i'd like to close the machine up.

If you can't source it locally:

I have a genuine spare working unit on top of some pile somewhere, since I use new pc ones in towers, it takes only 3 wires to solder and have a brand new amiga flop. (even I can handle that..)

I think 6eu + shipping is a fair price for the genuine unit.

You best need to clean the heads with alcohol first, since I never done it on that unit, but I know it's working, since used it many times to install workbench without problems, and also did some formatting on it without noticing problems.

If you are going to accept and request a shipping quote, please do me a favour and tell me how much it weight's, I have nothing working to do it myself..

thanks for the offer jvdbossc i'll give it a couple of days to see if anything local comes up and if not then i'll go for yours.

Thanks

Mike

had forgot about this since getting my tower but still looking for an internal floppy drive for desktop 1200 if anyone has one before i buy new from amigakit

@Mods

Please close as i've just bit the bullet and purchased new from Amigakit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom