Turranius

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
Greetings.

I have a guy in Sweden who does repairs, but hes very busy, so I'd though I'd check if someone near (EU) would have the possibility to try and repair 3 motherboards (to start with).

1 A3000 Motherboard. Worked fine until I removed the roms to make a copy. Copy went fine but when I put the kickstarts back in, I only get a red picture. Tried soldering new kickstart sockets in but no go. Tried with other (original) roms as well. Roms are 3.1 (worked before). This is my only A3000 and I was VERY sorry to see it die. One of those "Noooo" moments =)

1 A4000 Motherboard. No picture. According to the previous owner, something shorted in the RGB port in the back and it was dead after that.

1 A4000 Motherboard. Massive batterydamage it seems. I can not see any broken traces with the naked eye but the green film is corroded on quite a large area. I do not think this is salvageable, but if you are willing to have a look at it, I can sent it as well.

Preferably, I only need the send the motherboards and you have access to the PSU etc to test with.

I can fix easier things, but these three goes beyond my knowledge.

Thanks!

Please also answer by PM if possible, so I do not miss anything.

Last edited:
Hello,

i can clean the area very well (in the deep) from a battery leackage (desoldering the parts affected from this problem). I have a good knowledge about this problem.
If you are interested, PM to me.

Regards
Stefano

Thanks for the replies. I will send the cards to hese, hopefully next week. Its a bit closer to me (just a little pool of water between us, hehe).

/Turran

Last edited:
This thread can be closed. Hese is currently working on the cards (A3000 saved so far, whee).

Good to hear they arrived safe. The battery damaged motherboard took some effort, nearly every custom chip etc. was affected by the battery/capacitor leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom