PDA

View Full Version : Found A500 PSU

trydowave
26th December 2013, 19:20
Hi. My A500 Psu just died. Has anyone out there got one to sell?

Thanks
Tony

TroelsDK
26th December 2013, 20:10
I have a spare UK socket PSU you can have for postage. It's in the basement so have to give you a shipping quote tomorrow if you want it.
It is brand new and unused so it should have a lot of good years left in it :)

trydowave
26th December 2013, 20:16
That's great TroelsDK. Thanks a lot :)

I've gone through 2 A500 psus now in a year. I wonder if there repairable?

TroelsDK
26th December 2013, 20:20
I've had a couple that died on me, but all where fixed by replacing the fuse :)
If you have spares laying around, and your PSU is one that can be unscrewed, you should try that :)

trydowave
26th December 2013, 21:00
The psus is the type with a little door on the plug so you can swap fuses without taking the plug apart. First thing I did was try a new fuse. Still dead though :(

TroelsDK
26th December 2013, 21:01
OK then you have to be skilled to fix it :) Probably easier getting a new one.

Turranius
27th December 2013, 07:26
Dont throw away the dead ones. I use the chassis to make new ones (for C64/C128 mostly). =) Let me know if you need more working and we'll do a trade or something.

scoobyatgb
27th December 2013, 09:39
Have you tryed too open the lid on the block it self I think the was a quick blow type fuse in there just need too put the right one back the size of it is on one of the silver ends

Beavis
27th December 2013, 11:11
Don't know how handy you are, but the most common probs with the type with the conventional transformer are bad solder joints at the L296.

If you've got a fully switched one (of which there are more versions), you could take a look at the 2 base resistors of the transistor at the primary side.
They are in series and when time goes by they tend to fry.:lol:

fitzsteve
27th December 2013, 18:48
Hi Mate,

I was clearing out a box of bits today and found a heavy type A500 PSU, there's no plug fitted and I don't have a spare plug kicking around to fit and test it, however if you want you can have it for the cost of postage.

As said it's the heavy version so I expect shipping to be approx 6 with MyHermes.

All the best,

Steve.

trydowave
27th December 2013, 20:17
Hi Fitzsteve. I'll definitely keep your one open as an option mate. I'm gonna try and get one from TroelsDK first as I think its tested.

I've got the plug from my old A500 PSU but its sealed. I imagine wiring up a standard plug will work?

Cheers
Tony

roy_bates
27th December 2013, 21:44
standard plug is really easy to fit,its only three wires.

if its a new plug,fit a 3 amp fuse not the fuse that comes with new ones.

NeutronUK
27th December 2013, 21:50
@trydowave
I know this is not really the place for it but as Feedback is Mandatory on Amibay can you leave me Feedback for the following http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=50658 I did after all leave you Feedback + you did PM me stating you were happy with the item when you received it so why you have not left me Feedback is beyond me, Also I could supply you with a working A500 PSU :whistle:

trydowave
28th December 2013, 13:45
@trydowave
I know this is not really the place for it but as Feedback is Mandatory on Amibay can you leave me Feedback for the following http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=50658 I did after all leave you Feedback + you did PM me stating you were happy with the item when you received it so why you have not left me Feedback is beyond me, Also I could supply you with a working A500 PSU :whistle:

Sorry. Didn't mean to do that on purpose. Slipped my mind that's all. I am very happy with the SCSI Cdrom and Ive just left positive feedback for you.

As for the PSU. Just some more information... Every since I picked it up with the A500 it has made this funny noise whenever it gets turned off. Kind of like a squeal or a sigh. Maybe something was going on it right from the beginning and it finally gave up the ghost the other day.

Tajmaster
28th December 2013, 14:54
@trydowave

Sorry. Didn't mean to do that on purpose. Slipped my mind that's all. I am very happy with the SCSI Cdrom and Ive just left positive feedback for you.

As for the PSU. Just some more information... Every since I picked it up with the A500 it has made this funny noise whenever it gets turned off. Kind of like a squeal or a sigh. Maybe something was going on it right from the beginning and it finally gave up the ghost the other day.

Im not sure where you have left feedback but it has not registered for Mr NeutronUK :lol:

Have a look at this guide: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=5133

Briefly, click on the number of feedback under Neutrons avatar (9 at the moment). Then click submit feedback on the page that follows.
You will need to copy the URL from the original thread before you start all that :thumbsup:

trydowave
28th December 2013, 16:16
I didn't put in the deal thread before. All done now.

TroelsDK
29th December 2013, 23:35
I remembered incorrect, they are heavy so postage will be bad :( I hope you get one from another member :)

BrooksterMax
30th December 2013, 22:48
Hi. My A500 Psu just died. Has anyone out there got one to sell?

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, saw your PM. I thought I recognised your name - over a year ago I gave you that now broken PSU :) lasted nearly a year - sorry you didn't get a little longer out of it.

I may have another spare in the loft. I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know.. if I have one, you can have it for postage.

fitzsteve
8th January 2014, 12:58
Payment for PSU shipping charges received, will ship by tomorrow :thumbsup:

BrooksterMax
8th January 2014, 13:02
sorry couldn't find a spare for you

fitzsteve
10th January 2014, 12:54
Shipped today for you, apologies for the delay but as explained I couldn't leave the house yesterday! I'll pm you the tracking number when I'm back at the pc :-)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

fitzsteve
13th January 2014, 13:57
Feedback done both sides so thread closed, glad to help out trydowave, enjoy :thumbsup: