Blogger
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Hi all,

I seem to be on a retro rollercoaster atm, unsure of going c64 or a speccy, but decided to go for a speccy anyway.

I'm looking for a grey +2 in full working order in good condition, doesn't have to be mint as I'll clean it anyway, but it must have no issues.

I don't suppose anyone in the know has any opinions on whether a last model 128 Sinclair or this grey +2 is a better choice or not? In terms of compatibility, durability, best setup etc

Tia

I like the 128k as that was the last of the Sinclair the +2 and +3 was done my amstrad also on the +2 you could not change the volume on the cassette which means some games will not load but on a +3 you could add a cassette unit onto it which means you still can but on most that you get of the +3 you need too put a new belt in them but is easy too do

I would prefer a 128 but I've never experienced the keyboard, which is why I thought the +2 might be a safe bet. Ill go for a decent +2 but I'll keep my eye out for cheap 128. In fact sod it pm me if you have a decent one of either :)

I have one in perfect working condition here but not sure if I have a PSU for it, I will take a look.

TC :)

Both keyboards are equally horrible, but in different ways. The +2 keyboard looks like it should be better than the 128K + keyboard, but it really isn't. For a nice retro keyboard you must go for Amstrad CPC, Commodore C128 or the ultimate BBC Master (y)

I sold my 6128 a while back and I quite liked that keyboard as it goes. I'll stick with the speccy for now as it's a new direction for me. Never tried a c128, must get out more!

Mr Corfiot, if im not mistaken did you have 2 for sale a while back? Im sure I could pick up a psu somewhere. I just wanted to get one that im confident will work correctly or one that has been refurbed. I usually refurb my own machines but I've got 3 STs, an 800 and an xl plus 2 5in drives to do, so if you have a good one I'd be massively grateful! :)

I sold my 6128 a while back and I quite liked that keyboard as it goes. I'll stick with the speccy for now as it's a new direction for me. Never tried a c128, must get out more!

Mr Corfiot, if im not mistaken did you have 2 for sale a while back? Im sure I could pick up a psu somewhere. I just wanted to get one that im confident will work correctly or one that has been refurbed. I usually refurb my own machines but I've got 3 STs, an 800 and an xl plus 2 5in drives to do, so if you have a good one I'd be massively grateful! :)

Hi there my friend...

I do indeed have 2 fully refurbed and guaranteed to work units...
Pretty sure I can fix you up with a PSU too just waiting for daylight so I can find the PSU in my workshop :LOL:

Regards
TC :)

Do any of us here ever sleep heh. I was actually mistaken and see it was "myretroworld" who sold 2 earlier. But seriously if you have one for sale, awesome. Thanks tc, totally appreciated.

TC im not bumping to hurry you up just posting while i remember. I'm intending on using it with a divIDE and I've read some speccys' z80 dont have the M1 line, which divIDEs need. Also issues with colors and crap sound, which i worry about buying from ebay. Also could you check, if possible, it works ok over RGB scart. Sorry i don't mean to be picky!

Both produce a perfect picture with an RGB scart
And work perfectly with my DivIDE..

Now to find the PSU :LOL:

You are not being picky my friend, if you are going to do it do it right ;)

Last edited:
Fantastic bud, you sir are a saint. I've been tucked up in bed these past 2 days, which i completely attribute to going to the cinema the other day. Was more like a real life "The Infected" than a film, so many people coughin and sneezing :sigh: so sorry if I come across eager by posting all the time, just I've had nothing else to do except indulge in some retro browsing on my phone. For your awesomeness tho i am completely indebted to you, and when you're ready (no rush) just let me know by how much heh. Cheers tc

Hello there

I am truly sorry for the delay :oops:
She is out now fully tested, azimuth fine tuned, so if you do wish to buy her it is ready to be packed & shipped and I promise it shall be done straight away.

Std ZX Spectrum +2 Grey with no Mods whatsoever.
Comes with original correct power supply unit.

All Pictures here show the system connected to my LCDTV via a correctly wired RGB Cable which has sound pass through as well as diode pullups for correct Bright / Normal Colours...

You can see her loading Gyroscope from Tape & Dizzy via a DivIDE Unit

Thanks for your patience & if you would like her pls drop us a PM ;)

TC :cool:

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 0
  • TopCloser.jpg
    TopCloser.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 1
  • Motherboard.jpg
    Motherboard.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 0
  • TapeLoad.jpg
    TapeLoad.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DivIDEBoot.jpg
    DivIDEBoot.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Dizzy.jpg
    Dizzy.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 0
I own a 128k as well as a grey +2. The toast rack is probably made by Amstrad as it's got "AMSTRAD" written on the ULA. Here's what I think of them:

Grey +2
+ Built-in tape
+ Less noisy sound than 128k if you put a switch so you can disconnect the tape when you don't need it (IMHO of course...)
+ Joystick ports
+ Better keyboard (again, IMHO)
+ Zetr0s IDE adapter fits inside

- No easy way to use an external source for tape-files, or is there? I use one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassette_tape_adaptor

Toast rack
+ Nicer to look at

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom