PDA

View Full Version : Request Sinclair 48k+

thekrakenwakes
13th January 2014, 11:58
Hi

Looking for someone who may be able to video mod my Spectrum 48k+ for connection to a modern LCD tv. Able to get a fairly good picture on my 128k +2a (still very liney) but the 48k gives a very poor picture and thats the one I like to play for nostalgia reasons.

Have seen youtube videos showing how to do this but im not a techy person in that respect.

thanks

Macc
13th January 2014, 13:23
I can help you with that fella!

roy_bates
13th January 2014, 18:32
do you mean a composite mod?

i can do that for you.on a couple of mine, i actually completely removed the modulator:)
what revision is the motherboard?

Macc
13th January 2014, 19:27
Already sorting it out Roy but a quick question, did you screw an RCA jack out the back when you did that? Often wanted to do that too (then add a reset button next door (on a 48k rubber anyway))

roy_bates
13th January 2014, 22:22
Already sorting it out Roy but a quick question, did you screw an RCA jack out the back when you did that? Often wanted to do that too (then add a reset button next door (on a 48k rubber anyway))

tell you what mate,i'll post a picture:)

here you go.

http://www.amibay.com/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=3091

http://www.amibay.com/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=3092

it should work for the rubber key version as well.

Macc
13th January 2014, 23:18
Like it! Very neat! What I always thought of doing was similar but using the case to screw down to, your version is a lot less ugly on the eyes! Plus it would allow me to mount a reset button and just drill a small hole for the button to protrude (lets face it, apart from out the top theres not much room anywhere for a reset button on a rubber 48k!)

roy_bates
14th January 2014, 10:12
Like it! Very neat! What I always thought of doing was similar but using the case to screw down to, your version is a lot less ugly on the eyes! Plus it would allow me to mount a reset button and just drill a small hole for the button to protrude (lets face it, apart from out the top theres not much room anywhere for a reset button on a rubber 48k!)

no probs mate,you could use the metal plate for the reset switch to mount it on right next to the composite out port:)

it would more than likely look like it was meant to be there.

best of luck mate:)

Macc
16th January 2014, 15:08
Speccy successfully modded! (Its a Samsung 4S, thankfully it had a decent membrane!)

thekrakenwakes
16th January 2014, 15:10
A Samsung 4S! Is that a good thing?! Thanks again for the mod!

roy_bates
16th January 2014, 15:22
decent membrane is a good thing.

earlier issues might be a problem on modern tv's say issue 2

Macc
18th January 2014, 13:54
Feedback left and received!