Mac and PCMCIA tranfser

ami_junki

Banned
Country
Japan
Region
千葉
So I am back with my Amiga again, got everything set up but I am having a peculiar problem with the PCMCIA port, I have a Mac running 10.6, and have installed the AmigaKit PCMCIA ADF kit, it has been a struggle but I have found one card which kind of works, it appears one time and then when I put into the Mac to copy files over it does not appear again on the Amiga. I have spent around £300 just trying to find a CF and SD card that works with my Amiga for transfer however now I am starting to think maybe the Mac is copying some other files which is causing the card to not appear anymore. Have any other Mac users on Amibay had problems copying files to the Amiga, it is really odd as the card will appear once then when I take it out and put it back again it does not show up. I always seem to run into this problem and I am thinking maybe it is something to do with my Mac, I don`t have access to a PC, or maybe I am just unlucky and keep getting Amigas with damaged PCMCIA ports? lol

Try quick formatting the card on the amiga before copying files, and make sure you do not 'initialise' or format the card on the mac in any way afterwards.

Are you using compactflash.device v1.27 or some older version?
(Type 'version compactflash.device' to check, and while you're at it, type 'version L:fat95' as well..)

If the card is still not showing up on the amiga, type 'info' and report what it says about CF0:

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom