PDA

View Full Version : Sold Dual Slot 1 Pentium III 1ghz PC Desktop

Sardine
17th January 2014, 23:01
RESERVED for user demolition

Dual 1ghz(2x1ghz) Slot 1 Pentium III base unit,

AT base unit with ATX back plate, as this is an AT case there is no switch on the power button (meant to have AT power switch behind it), atx switch to turn on/off at rear of case.

the case is like new, bright and white as is both the fdd & cd drive front led readout says "33" but can be changed with jumpers.

spare front 5-1/4 & 3-1/2 blank plates included, this is all boxed with poly inserts. will supply ps2 mouse / keyboard if required.

Gigabyte GA-6BXD Intel 440 BX DUAL Slot 1 motherboard
2 x 1ghz Slot 1 Pentium III CPU'S
512mb sdram
30gb hdd
52x cdrom
1.44mb fdd
geforce mx 440 agp x8
awe 64 isa sound card

fully tested with XP and memtest , everything works great.

hdd will be formatted.

40 + P&P paypal gift or fees paid.

demolition
17th January 2014, 23:20
Declaring interest, sent a few follow-up questions on PM.

Edit: Payment sent.

Sardine
19th January 2014, 11:51
Payment received, booking UPS now, just a couple of details to iron out PM sent.

Sardine
19th January 2014, 14:26
All Booked, Tracking Info sent in PM,

Parcel dropped of today.

slk486
19th January 2014, 14:57
Having a similar Dual PIII system, I'm wondering what you'll be using it for Demolition?

demolition
26th January 2014, 14:19
PC received and from a quick test it seems to work as expected. Quite noisy with those two small CPU fans, but you did warn me about that. :)

For some reason I thought it included a NIC, but from reading the post again I can see that it wasn't mentioned, so I can only blame myself for not reading properly.

Edit: Forgot to write that the CD drive cannot open, so it is faulty. This is no issue however since I have a replacement for it.

Will leave feedback.

Having a similar Dual PIII system, I'm wondering what you'll be using it for Demolition?
Think I will be dualbooting 98 and XP to be able to run old DOS and Windows stuff. When it is running DOS, the 2nd CPU will not be much use, but I guess it won't hurt, and it will help when in XP. Also, if one CPU should die, I can then continue running it as a single CPU system. :)

Since it has ISA ports, my Gravis Ultrasound can be installed to be able to natively run some of the good old games and demos. Just need to find a 3DFX card for it as well now, and it will be a very nice retro PC gamer setup. :)

For various IC programmers, it can also be useful to have a machine like this with proper native serial and parallel ports.

slk486
26th January 2014, 21:39
I understand the want for a retro pc, I was just curious if there was a specific use for a dual, that I'd perhaps missed :)

Btw, hit me up for a nic if you need one.

Sardine
27th January 2014, 19:24
glad arrived ok.

the cdrom im puzzled.. i used it to test install xp among other things ???

it was my whitest and best one i had :(

i have 2 nics here both pci realtek. postage alone would probaly cost more than you get one locally

demolition
27th January 2014, 19:35
glad arrived ok.

the cdrom im puzzled.. i used it to test install xp among other things ???

it was my whitest and best one i had :(

i have 2 nics here both pci realtek. postage alone would probaly cost more than you get one locally
Yeah, it won't be a problem finding a NIC locally. The tray won't open on the CD-ROM drive so I'm assuming the mechanics have been damaged in transit. Already replaced it with a CDRW drive I had lying around.

Sardine
27th January 2014, 19:48
so just out of curiosity are you dual booting fat32 XP or running Windows NT for Dual cpu support ?

demolition
27th January 2014, 20:13
I haven't completely made up my mind about how I will do it, but I think I'll have W98 and XP on separate partitions and use a boot selector to choose between them. They can reside in the same partition though. If W98 is already installed when you install XP, you can install XP in a new folder and keep the old installation. Just need to use FAT32 as this is supported both in 98 and XP. XP supports dual CPU.

I have a 16GB SSD DOM here that I originally bought for my A1200, but it won't work in there, so I guess this might a good place to put it to use, and then use the old HDD as a shared drive for non-system stuff. Just need to get an adapter for the small pitch 44 pin connector.