itsonlyleggy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi there!

I've just retrieved my old Amstrad CPC 464 from my best friend's loft. It starts up ok, however the keyboard behaves a little strangely (Hitting the "T" key results in "fgtws" displayed and other such gobbledygook. This is repeated for certain other keys, but not all of them. The machine knows what you're trying to type (because i can type commands including the nonsense I mentioned and it will still do what I tell it)

That's the minor problem. The major one is that the tape deck is not working properly. I can fast forward and rewind, but pressing play does nothing, either while idle or when trying to run a game.

I've opened up the machine, took one look and realised i needed someone who knew what they were doing. Hopefully there's someone here who can help.

I can pay postage and any reasonable amount for parts and labour, located in Manchester.

Thanks, Chris.

That's the fastest reply to a thread I've ever seen :D

PM me your address and I can send tomorrow.

Thanks very much

Chris

Nice on TC, only one of the best fixers out there. Your Amstrad will be in good hands :D

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it working again, it's my childhood with a green screen :D

Well you might wanna consider at least a colour monitor but we know what you mean:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom