Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
I am breaking an Amstrad PC1640 down for parts. The casing on mine got heavily damaged in transit, so I have decided to sell the parts in the hope of recouping some of my losses, and to get some other Amstrads back up and running.

All pictures are at the bottom to keep this blurb clear. Parts may work with other PCs. Prices are without post and packing.

1) PC1640 Motherboard. Tested as far as power on and running a few simple apps. Has all the required power and floppy cables still attached. £10 £8

2) PC1640 Keyboard and bus mouse. Both tested. Keyboard is yellow.£8 £6 No longer available

3) Tandon RLL or MFM (I think) hard drive, with 8 bit drive controller. Drive works, but as expected for the age the motor is a bit noisy... I have heard much worse though! There is also the PC1640 caddy should it be required £15 £10. I believe it's 20mb.

4) 5.25" floppy drive. I assume this is a 360kb drive. I have no media to test this, but the light did come on when attempting to access the drive. Comes with Amstrad caddy if required. £8 £5 - SOLD

5) Amstrad PC-MD Monitor. Working with a nice clear picture. It is the power source of the Amstrad PC1640. £20 £15 No Longer Available

6) Side cover, speaker, screw set and top rear cover, £2 £1 each No Longer Available

Unfortunately, the rest of the plastic case and front facia are wrecked :(

I am, of course open to offers and will do deals if you take more than one item :)

This is the machine shown working.
working.jpg

Motherboard
mobo1.jpg

mobo2.jpg

mobo3.jpg

mobo4.jpg

mobo5.jpg

mobo6.jpg

Floppy Drive
fdd1.jpg

fdd2.jpg

Hard Drive
hdd1.jpg

hdd2.jpg

hdd3.jpg

Keyboard & Mouse
keyboardmouse.jpg

Monitor
monitorback.jpg

monitorfront.jpg

Screwset
screwset.jpg

Side Cover
sidecover.jpg

Top Cover
topcover.jpg

Speaker
speaker.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes I can send to Spain. The postage may be quite high though - in the region of £20-£25. If this is ok, let me know and I will get an exact price for you.

Hi declaring interest is the following
"5.25" floppy drive. I assume this is a 360kb drive. I have no media to test this, but the light did come on when attempting to access the drive. Comes with Amstrad caddy if required. £8 £5"
Is this "2) PC1640 Keyboard and bus mouse. Both tested. Keyboard is yellow.£8 £6" a serial mouse?
If it is maybe I will need both of them.
Sending tonight PM for postage to Athens Greece

Last edited:
The mouse is an amstrad bus mouse, used in the 1000 and 2000 series.
Unfortunately due to weight of the drive Postage is looking to be £28 :blink:

I was aware that shipping costs to Greece are high.
Just from curiocity what is the weight of the drive?
Royal mail for a small package 2 Kg is giving online an amount of 17 Euros.

I was aware that shipping costs to Greece are high.
Just from curiocity what is the weight of the drive?
Royal mail for a small package 2 Kg is giving online an amount of 17 Euros.

The drive is 1.8kg. I think to adequately protect it would take more than 200g of packing. I may be wrong though. I had, however assumed you were interested in the KB and mouse which would have put the weight over the limit. I will check for prices of just the drive.

Just the drive would be 24. Do you need the metal cage for mounting in the Amstrad? I can remove it and maybe get it light enough for royal mail.

Last edited:
Thank you for the interest.
I would really like to have this drive. Though is not for an Amstrad.
I want this drive for a small Pentium MMX machine with a 5.25 empty bay, and a lot of pc MS-DOS floppies to try out.
Please try to make it as light as possible for an echonomical shipping cost to Greece.
Thank you again for your interest

Last edited:
Hi,
I've just packaged it up and, without the metal mounting bracket (used in the PC1640) it will be £10.75 - it's just under 1.5kg.

No problem. The metal mounting bracket is actually quite heavy!
PM replied.

Rest of the system is still available.

re message below: Payment received for the floppy drive :) Will send out Friday :)

Last edited:
Interested in the hard drive if still available.

Does it include the HD controller and metal caddy with front bay plastic cover?

Shipping will be to France

Interested in the hard drive if still available.

Does it include the HD controller and metal caddy with front bay plastic cover?

Shipping will be to France

Yes, the drive is complete with the XT controller, front plastic facia with LED and metal mounting caddy.

There is a secondary caddy which is required for mounting the drive inside the Amstrad PC1640. If this secondary caddy is not needed it may save a bit on shipping by not including it.

I will get it weighed tonight when back at home and PM you the cost.

Cheers (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom