A500 large "Return key" black plastic frame/plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroBlaster

Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Country
Exeter, Devon
I do not know what you call it but I am after the black plastic plate that holds all the keys/posts on an A500 keyboard. I need the type with the large "Return" key.

I need one that is not damaged, cracked or missing any little tabs (bits that hold the metal bars on the keys)

Last edited:
I do not know what you call it but I am after the black plastic plate that holds all the keys/posts on an A500 keyboard. I need the type with the large "Return" key.

I need one that is not damaged, cracked or missing any little tabs (bits that hold the metal bars on the keys)

So you need the 94-key version. But which brand?
The common one is Mitsumi, the less common one is Samsung. The really improbable one is NMB, I assume you are not after that one.
(post a photo of your keyboard if in doubt - I assume the reason you want one is the existing base is somehow broken).

I have both a Mitsumi and a Samsung base, 94-keys versions, perfect condition. Yours for postage costs if you can't find anything more local to you.

Last edited:

So you need the 94-key version. But which brand?
The common one is Mitsumi, the less common one is Samsung. The really improbable one is NMB, I assume you are not after that one.
(post a photo of your keyboard if in doubt - I assume the reason you want one is the existing base is somehow broken).

I have both a Mitsumi and a Samsung base, 94-keys versions, perfect condition. Yours for postage costs if you can't find anything more local to you.

:D

It is a Mitsumi, most common one. Controller board has a single membrane edge connector in white. Pretty sure its that one but will need to pull it out again to confirm 100%. There is evidence of something going on as one or two screws are missing and the bottom left has a crack, its clean break but god knows what happend to it?

Assuming by the state of the metal backplate, something has corroded and started acting up, keys not working etc.

Basically I bought a sickly A500 for next too nothing and felt sorry for it lol! So I am going to tidy it up a bit. Also need to get the agnus socket replaced.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

He's not after any keys, just the large black plastic part of the keyboard, like the one here:
http://www.the-liberator.net/site-f...-Rev-5/Commodore-Amiga-A-500-041-Keyboard.JPG

Yes that is the one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom