X-surf bad connection

Kawazu

Country
Sweden
Region
Åmål
I have an X-surf that i have a bit of a problem with.
I am loosing connection all the time due to the cable will not fit in the rj45 socket corectly, it is very lose.

The led light in the back is very hard to get lit and i have to wiggle the cable to get it to light up but as soon as i let go of the cable the led gets dark again.
I have tried a bunch of cables and all act the same, i have tried to clean the smal copper strings inside the connector but still the same.

I have compared the connector to modern ones and noticed that todays rj45 connectors have way more copper strings inside of them, this x-surf have 4 copper strings in the rj45 connector.

Searched the net for an adapter to the BNC connector to change that into a rj45 and i have found a few but are there any disadvantages with doing this compared to running a "pure" rj45 cable?

I dont have the skills to change the connector on this card so i gues the BNC adapter is the only way to go?

The connector has 4 copper strings because that's how many are required (#1,2, 3 and 6).
The missing 4 are irrelevant.
You should really replace the RJ-45 socket if you're certain it has gone loose. Short of that, you could use a pin or something to "lift" the copper strings a bit hoping it'll result in a snugglier fit for the cable's plug.

Back
Top Bottom