PDA

View Full Version : Sold Softmodded Wii

scrappysphinx
17th February 2014, 17:26
Hi all, i have for sale today a spare Wii

The Wii is softmodded and will play games from USB as can be seen in the last pic (Will also play backups from disc using the Neogamma loader) however no USB devices are included in the sale. It has also had a custom skin applied to the dashboard making it black & red.

It comes in good condition with working dvd drive, all cables, 2 remotes & nunchucks (one official white one 3rd party black) and two games (Mario Kart & Wii Sports). Also included is an 8gb MicroSD with SD adapter which is used to hold the apps (the channels are just shortcuts).

Mario kart comes in a paper envelope type case and Wii sports is just disc but will go in the Mario Kart envelope.

It is currently on version 4.1E but the shop channel has been updated and internet & disc updates have been blocked via priiloader

Asking 35 plus p&p

Pics

scoobyatgb
17th February 2014, 18:56
Interested but need too ask some questions I will pm them too you

salaxi54
17th February 2014, 19:39
Declaring interest, PM sent.

scrappysphinx
5th March 2014, 10:54
This was sold to scoobyatgb and has been received. Currently trying to workout an issue with it playing Gamecube games so won't close the thread just yet.

fitzsteve
5th March 2014, 11:19
Scrappysphinx, its something to do with the mod, I had the same complaint with a modded gc I sold there is a setting you change. I will try and find the info from my old PM's.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

scrappysphinx
5th March 2014, 11:28
Hi Steve, that would be helpful if you could. Apparently the GC game loads to the main menu and then when trying to start the game gets stuck on a black screen.

I've opened a thread over at wiihacks.com and will see if anyone has offered any information over there too

fitzsteve
5th March 2014, 12:04
Hi Mate, do the GC cause the Wii to freeze up? This was the issue I had and the correct it I had to enable 'Region Free GC Games' in the Priiloader menu:

Quote from my PM:

Today I tested my wifes Wii which is Softmodded and my GC Games don't work in it, they lock up the system.

Don't worry I fixed it quite easy as it's just a setting in the Priiloader menu.

Here are the steps you need to take:

Turn on your Wii.
Wait till it's booted or even just at the press A screen 'Hold Reset for about 5 second'
The Wii will reset and a menu with a white background will appear.
Go to 'System menu hacks'
You will see a list of option, go ahead and enable 'Region free GC Games'
Save settings and press B to return to the main menu
Now choose the top option 'System menu' to get back to the Wii OS

I hope that help :thumbsup:

A Soft modded Wii lets you do a lot of cool stuff, but you need to take some time to read up on the Hacks, etc :)

Have fun!

Steve.

ps. The other options I have 'enabled' in my System Menu hacks are:

Block Disc Updates
Region Free GC Games
Region Free Wii Games
Remove Diagnostic Disc Check
Region Free Channels
Move Disc Channel
Block online Updates

By the way I'm also able to play GB games from ISO or DVD backups :)

scrappysphinx
5th March 2014, 12:13
HI Steve, thanks for that however we already had the Region free priiloader settings set. Sadly disabling them the problem remains.

According to someone over at wiihacks, the softmod may have overwritten the original mios required for gamecube loading with a custom version and we will need to restore the original. However over there they don't come forward with the details on where to find the original so i need to do some more digging.

fitzsteve
5th March 2014, 12:16
HI Steve, thanks for that however we already had the Region free priiloader settings set. Sadly disabling them the problem remains.

According to someone over at wiihacks, the softmod may have overwritten the original mios required for gamecube loading with a custom version and we will need to restore the original. However over there they don't come forward with the details on where to find the original so i need to do some more digging.

That sux, as a work around at least he should be able to use one of the launchers to load his genuine GC Games.

This is the problem with mods they have the tendency to break stuff which is why I wouldn't offer another soft modded console, I had a huge headache over the one I sold.

He said he fixed it himself in the end by re doing the soft mod from scratch. On Sarah's at least it was just a case of changing that setting to get the GC Games working.

scrappysphinx
5th March 2014, 12:18
i asked him to try loading the games using neogamma (i installed the latest version) but apparently its the same through there. I might guide him through installing another launcher and see if that helps but i think it may be best to get the wii returned to me and either refund or make it work and then return to him, whichever he decides