Slozzk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Shropshire
Hey there!

Just wondering if anyone out there can install a switch to the side of my Mega Drive model 1? Like the one on this page http://mdpal60.net/wiki/megadrive/regionmod/start if possible. :LOL: I've also heard of switchless but like with my SNES I fear this will cost more money and not have any boost over a simple switch on the side.

Would prefer someone in the UK to keep the shipping costs to a minimum. (y)

I can install a switchless mod (which will do both 50/60hz & eng/jap language) for you if you'd like, all i request is the cost of the pic chip (about £1.50) and you cover postage costs. Or if you'd prefer i can install switches for both 50/60 and Eng/Jap language.

Let me know

Last edited:
Megadrive received and done ready for sending back.

Green - 50hz Pal
Orange - 60hz US
Red - 60hz Japanese

jajebe5e.jpg

9abahuna.jpg

umevy9y5.jpg

Sonic at 50hz

2apymehe.jpg

Sonic at 60hz

ete6a3ar.jpg

TheCorfiot did my SNES mod for me and it works perfectly, so maybe you could PM him and ask him for some more details if scrappy can't do it. (y)

I've offered Amiga Forever the same offer, as long as he covers the postage and the cost of the pic chip i'll do the mod for him.

On another note, your megadrive was picked up this morning about 9am.

You should receive it back tomorrow

Thanks

Sounds good! :LOL: Can't wait to try it out myself :) I'll leave feedback after I get home from work (y)

Mega drive received today and working fine :LOL: I know you re-wired my cable back to how it was, but it seems to have reduced the amount of visible jail bars on my screen (y) Ran in to a slight problem when I first tried to change a game to 60hz where the music went fast and the gameplay was super slow, I don't know how I did it but once I turned it off and back on again it was working fine in 60hz.

Anyway, thank you so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom