Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
For sale is my Amstrad CPC6128.

The 6128 is in great working condition, even the floppy drive works. I retro-brited the keyboard (it was well manky)... I decided to "over cook" it, as it was still patchy after 2 goes. This means there are small white flecks on the keys, but it is not very noticeable, and it does look really clean. The black lettering has not been affected at all. I have tried 2 photos to display this as best as I can - one has been doctored 50/50 to increase the contrast.

I've replaced the 40015 rom (AmsDos) with a switch-able Parados / Amsdos rom. The switch is accessed through a vent in the case - no case cutting here :) I did try to photograph this but my camera decided it wanted to focus elsewhere, so the picture is a bit blurry. I still have the original rom so you can "genuine" it again.

I replaced the drive belt, cleaned the heads and lubricated the head transport mechanism, and the drive worked great when last used - about 6 months ago. I've only dug it out once or twice when messing with various tape decks. I did intend to upgrade this to a 3.5” internal drive, but never got round to it.

I do have a home-made scart lead for it which features the "power through" for switching a TV set to RGB. I also have a home-made tape lead, with load/save and remote all wired up. There is also the manual, and a small selection of games on tape, none of which I've even attempted to load due to not digging it out since I bought them.

I have also got an adapter to run the Amstrad from a Spectrum +3 power pack, and will also include a spare drive belt should it be needed.

Games are: Renegade, Tempest, Hard Drivin', Ball Breaker and Konami's Coin-op Hits (inc Green Beret, Mikie, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Hypersports and Ping-pong)

Looking for £75 plus post for this lot, or sensible offers.

An image pack of large pictures: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13342352/a/Amstrad.zip

Attachments

• ams00.jpg
    ams00.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ams09.jpg
    ams09.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ams08.jpg
    ams08.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • ams07.jpg
    ams07.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ams06.jpg
    ams06.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ams05.jpg
    ams05.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ams04.jpg
    ams04.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ams03.jpg
    ams03.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1
  • ams02.jpg
    ams02.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ams01.jpg
    ams01.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry for the very early bump here, but I am adding a few items into the mix just to make things interesting.

Firstly I will include a power supply. This is a hacked amiga one, which was intended for use with my Spectrum+2, however I seem to have broken the speccy, so will include it with the amstrad.

I will also include a tape deck, which has been tested and works great with this Amstrad. Please note, the one shown loading the game is not the one I am including - there is a larger picture of the one I am including.

Attachments

• ams10.jpg
    ams10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ams11.jpg
    ams11.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ams12.jpg
    ams12.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 0
I Recognize that PSU from somewhere ;)

Great hack by the way and good luck with your sale Jase (y)

Declaring interest, pending shipping cost to sao paulo, Brazil
Thank you!

Interested second in line (y) Are the games on disk?

I was planning to do the same to mine but it's probably cheaper to buy yours and sell mine here after lol

Last edited:
I Recognize that PSU from somewhere ;)

Great hack by the way and good luck with your sale Jase (y)
Cheers :)
I was going to use it to power my speccy, but I seem to have broken it :Doh:

Declaring interest, pending shipping cost to sao paulo, Brazil
Thank you!

Erm, initial postage quotes are around £200!!! :blink: I will check around some more sites, but it doesn't look good :(

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Interested second in line (y) Are the games on disk?

No - all games are on tape.

Cheapest to ireland is approx £25, which includes cover.

Next in line if it's paypal (y)(y)(y)

I need an Amstrad as it was the only system I had when my Grandad was still alive and I still miss him to this day :(

Last edited:
Sounds cool (y) It's what it costs me to ship to Wales which is why I tend to send several machines over at once for modding repair (y) Is that UPS?

Sorry one more question, did you add a socket for the Parados/Amsdos ROM or solder it to the motherboard?

Last edited:
Sounds cool (y) It's what it costs me to ship to Wales which is why I tend to send several machines over at once for modding repair (y) Is that UPS?

Sorry one more question, did you add a socket for the Parados/Amsdos ROM or solder it to the motherboard?

Yes, it is via ups.

The rom is socketted rather than soldered, so you can easily swap it out should you need.

Sorry guys, I've managed to find an acceptable quote for shipping to flanauf in Brazil, so the Amstrad is sold :)

Oh well, more work for TC I guess as I'll send mine over to him to the get the same done :LOL: (y)

Thanks for the update.

Yeah, I mentioned that I thought it might be cheaper to buy Chinners though when I declared interested but I think I'll also get an ABBA switch installed as well as the AmsDos/ParaDos. It's actually in really nice condition. I also have a 464, 664, GX4000 and 6128 Plus - just need a 464 Plus to complete the collection (y)

Attachments

• P1030821s.jpg
    P1030821s.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1030822s.jpg
    P1030822s.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 0
So I would've lost to someone who already had an Amstrad :picard

I don't actually have one :D:D

Someone who has several Amstrads :LOL: It was a better version than the one I currently have with the option to use larger capacity disks thanks to Parados. :)

Although I would have sold my original stock one if I'd won it, if that makes you feel any better (y)

Have you posting a wanted on the CPCWiki forum? Most of the lads are on Amibay as well but it can't hurt to put the feelers out there as well. The original 6128 is the best version to go for (y)

Last edited:
Ok I'll let you off with that one then (y)(y)

Cheers mate, I'll join that forum as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom