PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Dead Speccy +2a and uIDE adapter

Chinners
18th March 2014, 13:41
Up for grabs is my now dead speccy +2a (black vsn), with a Zetr0 uIDE adapter (and CF card etc...)

The speccy was killed when I incorrectly connected the uIDE adapter :Doh:
I believe it is a memory issue - it starts up with multi-coloured blocks, or a purple border. Very occasionally it gets to say (c) Amstrad at the bottom. I have tried replacing the Z80 with the same results. When I accidently snapped a leg of one of the replacement roms, I just gave up - it's just not for me. The memory is soldered into the board.

There is the base unit in good condition, the IDE adapter, compact flash card and adapter, ide cable and a scart lead, original roms and a legless one (it can easily be soldered/fixed) There is no PSU (that also packed in)

30 + p&p (5 for the uk)
Or make me an offer :)

roy_bates
18th March 2014, 13:55
memory is gone mate,sorry.

although it would be cheaper to fix than the grey model.

Chinners
18th March 2014, 13:57
memory is gone mate,sorry.

Most probably yeah, but I can't guarantee that this the only issue.

Zetr0
19th March 2014, 13:44
I am interested in this, yet I do feel some guilt in buying this from you as I am sure I can fix it.

Perhaps a trade - is there something you are interested in or on the look out for?

Chinners
19th March 2014, 14:09
Replied in PM.
Just to clarify, I am not currently looking to trade - I want free space :)

Pluto63
19th March 2014, 14:20
Next in line, if Zetro declines. I currently need a housing for a +2B motherboard I have for some time now and could not find one.

RichyV
19th March 2014, 14:20
I would declare interest if the uIDE and its add-ons are definitely still working and provided that the +2A case is in good nick (especially the DATACORDER Perspex window).

Any chance of some pics?

Thanks!

Chinners
19th March 2014, 14:33
I would declare interest if the uIDE and its add-ons are definitely still working and provided that the +2A case is in good nick (especially the DATACORDER Perspex window).

Any chance of some pics?

Thanks!

I have no way of testing if the uIDE adapter works. My Speccy is dead :(

When I get chance, I will take some pics, but it may be at the weekend.

RichyV
19th March 2014, 14:39
OK, thanks. Pluto is now before me in line anyway... :)

roy_bates
19th March 2014, 14:43

Any chance of some pics?

Thanks!

I have no way of testing if the uIDE adapter works. My Speccy is dead :(

When I get chance, I will take some pics, but it may be at the weekend.

i know its real hassle posting it back and forth but i could test the ide for you.

Chinners
19th March 2014, 20:12
Pictures uploaded - but scart lead temporally "lost". It will be included.
There is also a USB hub & Compact Flash (and many other) reader I will include.
Also a CD player (or PC audio out) cassette interface

Chinners
20th March 2014, 15:05
No real response from Zetr0, so moving on to next in line. Sending PM

Pluto63
20th March 2014, 16:49
PM replied.

Zetr0
20th March 2014, 18:56
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to hold anything up, I thought I had sent a message to Chinners but I managed to save it as a draft instead.... dont ask.... having a face-palm day today.

All the best to the next in line!

Pluto63
8th April 2014, 00:54
Package received and positive feedback on the way.
Actually I had some time to give it a look. What I thought it should be a ram problem turned to be the only working part. Socketed everything and in order: z80 dead, both eeprom dead (first time I see this one), tea2000 dead, can't believe a twisted cable did all that damage, keyboard also had one track faulty. So gathered some parts from donor boards and some silver conductive paint to the keyboard and the speccy was brought back to life, also a new tape belt was inserted to improve reliability. Programmed 2 new eproms and the cf interface was working like a charm. I really enjoy the repair but that left me again without a case for my lonely +2 motherboard :P

Cheers