robinsonb5

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
England
Region
Norfolk
If you remember CU-Amiga Magazine's "ProjectXG" you'll know what this is. For those who don't, it's a way of interfacing a "Waveblaster" PC MIDI card to an Amiga.

For sale here is an NEC XR385 card, housed in an interface box. I made a few improvements to the project, adding an automatic reset RC circuit and MIDI in / out.

The box connects to the Amiga Serial and Floppy ports, and can be used with any software that supports MIDI - including Octamed Soundstudio, Bars and Pipes and SuperJam.
The box has audio in and out sockets, and a mixer pot which allows the respective volumes of the MIDI card and the incoming sounds to be adjusted.

The building of this box is documented here: http://retroramblings.net/?p=742#more-742 - and appears in the photo gallery on Amibay somewhere too.

Some sound snippets can be found here: http://retroramblings.net/XGDemos/
(Some of these were recorded using a DB50XG instead of the XR385 - soundwise they are *very* nearly identical. The XR385 can also be programmed to apply effects to an incoming sound signal, but the box currently has no provision for that.)

I'm asking £45 + postage, with buyer to pay fees.

Attachments

• DSC_6016.JPG
    DSC_6016.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 0
wow,haven't seen one of these for years.

i bet i've still got one somewhere.

ooooh! your plug worked ;)

Very interested in this.
How do we organise the purchase on here then?

ooooh! your plug worked ;)

Very interested in this.
How do we organise the purchase on here then?

The first step is to post in the thread saying "Declaring Interest" - or words to that effect - so you've done that. Normally you'd send a private message asking for postage costs and a PayPal address.

I'll figure out the postage costs later on tonight and send you a PM, and we'll take it from there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom