z3spacial

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Country
England
Region
Oldham
As I no longer need it, I am selling a sought after Yamaha SCSI to IDE Bridge adapter.

It works fine and comes with:

• a CF Adapter (no CF card supplied)
  • Power adapter cables for both
  • Power adapter doubler

Taken directly out of a GVP Hard drive, so known working. All you need it a working CF card (recommend a Kingston, as that is what I used with it)

I would like £75 plus £5 p&p UK - EU ask for quote. For now I'm restricting sale to UK & EU

Paypal Gift or buyer pays fees.

THANKS

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
@jack-3d I had one on my A4000T SCSI and it was about 8-10mb/sec (y)

Just for curiosity, how fast can IDE HDD go with it? Maximum what SCSI provides? (10 MB/s)

When you get to the high end on an Amiga in bandwidth (cybppc.device from an UW SCSI 53C770) around 35 MB/s, the conversion from SCSI to IDE (to SATA) takes a small 2 to 3 MB/s dip in speed.

Just for curiosity, how fast can IDE HDD go with it? Maximum what SCSI provides? (10 MB/s)

When you get to the high end on an Amiga in bandwidth (cybppc.device from an UW SCSI 53C770) around 35 MB/s, the conversion from SCSI to IDE (to SATA) takes a small 2 to 3 MB/s dip in speed.

This adapter is SCSI-2 so it's limited to about 10mb/sec, you wont get UW SCSI speeds without an UW SCSI capable device such as the ACard 7720UW or a real UW SCSI HDD.

Anyway, that's just taking this thread off topic but I wanted to make it clear in case anyone was to buy this expecting UW SCSI speeds based on your post bdb.

Item received :)

My A3000 loves the Yamaha scsi adapter, but the scsi adapter doesn't like any of my CF cards.

Ordered a IDE gender changer to connect a TrueIDE to the Yamaha, hopefully the Yamaha likes cards better this way, otherwise I have to search for a compatible CF card :)

Will leave feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom