resistance is futile!
VIP
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
this thread is for the repair of BarryB's philips CM 8833 II monitor that i offered to repair for the cost of parts and modify for chroma/luma

monitor had no composite input due to broken traces when it arrived and a broken front panel door.and a couple of loose wires.
and needed a service
the thread is just for feedback only as we organized it via pm after offering to do the work over at eab.

i hope your happy with your monitor when it arrives mate,and it gives you many more years service.:)

this was after i reinstated composite not long after it arrived.
picture.php

this one is the chroma luma mod half way through the repair(phono sockets have been removed to make repair easier for me to do due to making a choice to completely replace all the phono sockets as there was two broken traces under them and a bit of wear on the sockets)
picture.php

this one was after the main repairs just to show the two extra holes for chroma and the switch cap.
picture.php

this is the rear after completion.

picture.php

this is a picture of chroma luma on screen to show it working.

picture.php

i'll post the other two up tomorrow.i think one of the audio channels was not working properly when it arrived as well but since i had the back off it was working for a bit when i used it but i found it was the weight of the cables pulling the broken trace back together when i had the back off,this is now working now.

and..front door open.
picture.php

and..case closed:)
picture.php

Last edited:
One of the loose wires roy was referring too was me (y)

Are you posting pics too roy?

i can if you want me too mate,i'll put them up tomorrow after the door has set.:)

i'll put whatever relevant pictures in the first post.

lets hope the couriers dont kick this around too much on the way back after all this.:LOL:

Last edited:
I know you've looked after it from the pm's we've had, so if it comes back sounding like a box of broken glass it won't be your fault!!

Payment for this has been dealt with and well chuffed with the service (y)

I know you've looked after it from the pm's we've had, so if it comes back sounding like a box of broken glass it won't be your fault!!

Payment for this has been dealt with and well chuffed with the service (y)

ive sent you a pm mate,i think i made a boo boo with the email i sent you via pm:picard

so sorry mate,i must be tired.

Looks fantastic. Hopefully get this Wednesday along with my C64 psu so I can finally get that up and running. The door flap repair was a bonus and last minute rush as i'd already boxed it up :picard

Get your orders in lads, a not to be missed opportunity (y)

could so solve one of the old myths and tell us how to he.. did you fix the broken front door? pretty please :-D

Nice mod, where did you tap the luma from (any pics) and is it a simple mod?

Nice mod, where did you tap the luma from (any pics) and is it a simple mod?

mate,its on the board.
you just add the missing parts.
this same chassis is used in the commodore 1084S-P1(it has chroma/luma on board),im not the first to do this nor will i be the last.:)
its also in the service manual.
here is the thread where i do it to my monitor after a flyback replacement and service.(look a bit further down the thread for a component list and where they go)
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=58683

any more questions?:LOL:

if anyone wants it doing,just let me know.

Last edited:
Got the monitor back today, and she's back where she belongs!

Door is fixed, audio works, composite and C/L work! The pics roy posted are definitely from my monitor and show the extra phono and switch, here's a photo, check the Philips label as it's the same :)

/me hugs roy :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom