PDA

View Full Version : Sold Near Mint Atari 520 STe/4MB with box, inserts, Discovery Xtra pack disks and manuals

rabindranath72
13th April 2014, 12:30
Hi all,
due to lack of space and time to actually use it, I am selling the gem in my collection. This Atari STe has been sitting in a cupboard most of its life. It had only one owner (me) it was opened only once to expand its RAM to 4Mb. It has TOS 1.62 and "good" DMA chip. It has NO YELLOWING at all (including the mouse.) It comes with its original box (serial number on the machine matches the serial number on the box) although the box is a bit discolored in places; poly inserts and plastic bag are original and present, too (as well as the original silica gel bag).
It also comes with its original Discovery Xtra pack cardboard sleeve; note the sleeve shows some creases as it had been folded and put into the box; it also has a small tear in one corner. Also included the original power cable and antenna cable. All the software disks (DE1 to DE5) are present and fully working. Owner's Manual, STe Addendum and software manual are present, too.
As you can see from the photo, the machine boots and runs fine (sorry for the crappy image, I connected it with the antenna cable.)
I am asking 200 including shipping in UK; if you feel you want PayPal protection, I'll pay the fee. For shipping abroad, the price will obviously be higher (the package weighs around 10kg.)

UPDATE: I'll offer shipping expenses outside UK at half price! (but I'll require PayPal gift!)

Thanks for looking,
Antonio

rabindranath72
13th April 2014, 12:34
More pictures6737667377673786737967380

Jonas77
10th June 2014, 11:26
Best Sir,

Is this fine piece of machinery still in your possession?

/ Jonas

rabindranath72
10th June 2014, 12:05
Best Sir,

Is this fine piece of machinery still in your possession?

/ Jonas

Hi Jonas,
yes it's still available. Note I am on holidays now, and I'll be until the 21st of June, so I won't be able to ship before the following week. Shipping costs 42 by air mail (expected delivery 3 days), or 33 by road (expected delivery 6 days.) The prices cover insurance up to 200.
If you are happy with sending money as gift, I'll add an extra: Timeworks Publisher 2.0 with box, manual and disks, fully working.

If you can wait until when I return, I'll consider the item as sold.

Thanks for your interest!
Antonio

manic23
10th June 2014, 13:48
Can I please be 2nd in line for this?

rabindranath72
10th June 2014, 15:13

Absolutely! I'll give Jonas the usual Amibay time to reply, otherwise it's yours.

manic23
10th June 2014, 15:36

Absolutely! I'll give Jonas the usual Amibay time to reply, otherwise it's yours.

Thanks matie :)

Jonas77
10th June 2014, 20:56
Hi Jonas,
yes it's still available. Note I am on holidays now, and I'll be until the 21st of June, so I won't be able to ship before the following week. Shipping costs 42 by air mail (expected delivery 3 days), or 33 by road (expected delivery 6 days.) The prices cover insurance up to 200.
If you are happy with sending money as gift, I'll add an extra: Timeworks Publisher 2.0 with box, manual and disks, fully working.

If you can wait until when I return, I'll consider the item as sold.

Thanks for your interest!
Antonio

Is that shipping cost in the UK, or did you do one for Sweden?
Im not in extreme hurry, its been 20 years since my last one, what is a little more time...

/ J

rabindranath72
11th June 2014, 12:11
Hi Jonas,
shipping to UK is free (it costs around 10). Those are the prices for Sweden, Parcelforce (the cheapest I could find.) I know, it sucks :/

galax
11th June 2014, 19:07
Have you tried getting a shipping quote from http://transglobalexpress.co.uk/ - they have had the cheapest shipping options from the UK in my experience (might depend on the destination though).

rabindranath72
12th June 2014, 11:42
Have you tried getting a shipping quote from http://transglobalexpress.co.uk/ - they have had the cheapest shipping options from the UK in my experience (might depend on the destination though).

Thanks. I have used Parcelmonkey, the prices are quite close.

Jonas77
12th June 2014, 16:11
Listen, give me a few days. Im trying to think this through.
It all started with me randomly finding a 520 ste box in the recycling stall at my complex. Someone left it there on the floor with some plant pots in it, totally breaking the rules. I took a pic of it for FB, as it IS totally random to find that these days, and later stole the box in an attempt to save the picture on it for framing, making arts of some sort. Its in too bad a shape me thinks.

So, I started googling. Found this. Thing is, this is almost mint, so if anything Im gonna use this machine, ripping all its collectors value away. I might even frame the cardboard. So, I start thinking, "it would be a shame to destroy this fine collection", and would need yet another piece for usage... Doubling my needs and multiplexing my costs.

Give me a few days.

galax
13th June 2014, 07:22
I would just enjoy the luxury of using a brand new 20 year old machine. Keep it protected from light and dust when you aren't using it, and keep the packaging in good shape, and it won't devalue much. You can frame the poster it comes with- that lightning and backwards cap is pretty wicked/radical/whatever people said in 1991.

manic23
13th June 2014, 10:05
Really sorry going to have to withdraw interest (well not interest just intention to buy lol) I just blew this months geek budget on a Roland MPU-401 for my beloved MT-32, sorry mate. Good luck with the sale.

Jonas77
16th June 2014, 23:37
I would just enjoy the luxury of using a brand new 20 year old machine. Keep it protected from light and dust when you aren't using it, and keep the packaging in good shape, and it won't devalue much. You can frame the poster it comes with- that lightning and backwards cap is pretty wicked/radical/whatever people said in 1991.

Hmmm, yeah. Im leaning towards that. Im not overly concerned with collectors value, its just something that nags me in the back of my mind when something is in good condition.
I hope OP is enjoying his holiday while I think for another day.

rabindranath72
20th June 2014, 17:10

Hmmm, yeah. Im leaning towards that. Im not overly concerned with collectors value, its just something that nags me in the back of my mind when something is in good condition.
I hope OP is enjoying his holiday while I think for another day.

No problem, take your time, since there's no one else interested at the moment :)
The holidays are almost finished, tomorrow evening I am back in UK :dry:_>" smilieid="189" class="inlineimg" border="0">

- - - Updated - - -

Really sorry going to have to withdraw interest (well not interest just intention to buy lol) I just blew this months geek budget on a Roland MPU-401 for my beloved MT-32, sorry mate. Good luck with the sale.

No problem, perhaps next month it will still be here ;)

rabindranath72
28th June 2014, 21:00
* BUMP *
I am offering shipping expenses outside UK at half price (but with PayPal payment as gift.)

Thanks,
Antonio

Jonas77
29th June 2014, 01:17
If its OK with you Im offering to take that deal.

/ Jonas

sputnik
29th June 2014, 01:49
Any pictures of this in better light not in shadows? It says no yellowing but the keys look a bit yellowed (on the photos... and I know photos aren't always accurate :-) ) ?

Here's what I would expect a non-yellowed, near mint example to look like :

It could also be the White Balance setting on your camera that makes the keys not look like above? I'm not questioning your description or anything, but hopefully you can see what I mean. I had a similar issue when I had my camera set to 'Tungsten' white balance.

rabindranath72
29th June 2014, 10:55
Any pictures of this in better light not in shadows? It says no yellowing but the keys look a bit yellowed (on the photos... and I know photos aren't always accurate :-) ) ?

Here's what I would expect a non-yellowed, near mint example to look like :

It could also be the White Balance setting on your camera that makes the keys not look like above? I'm not questioning your description or anything, but hopefully you can see what I mean. I had a similar issue when I had my camera set to 'Tungsten' white balance.
I get what you mean, but I don't have a digital camera, those were taken with a mobile phone camera. I'll try to take a better picture later.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here's another photo, looks better than the others at rendering colour? (I suck at photography :( )

rabindranath72
29th June 2014, 12:10
If its OK with you Im offering to take that deal.

/ Jonas
If you are happy with the new photos, I'll send the payment details in PM (total British 217 for the cheapest shipping option.)

Jonas77
29th June 2014, 18:54
Im quite good with photography and can tell that the white balance is off a bit :)

I am pleased with this. Done deal?

/ Jonas

rabindranath72
29th June 2014, 19:21
Im quite good with photography and can tell that the white balance is off a bit :)

I am pleased with this. Done deal?

/ Jonas
Sold to Jonas, then!

Jonas77
29th June 2014, 19:25
Payment sent.

rabindranath72
29th June 2014, 19:41
Payment received! Will arrange for collection on Tuesday, you should get it within 1 week.

Thanks!
Antonio

Jonas77
29th June 2014, 20:47
Payment received! Will arrange for collection on Tuesday, you should get it within 1 week.

Thanks!
Antonio

Joyous times!

rabindranath72
11th August 2014, 13:45
Feedback has been exchanged, the thread can be closed.

Thanks!
A.