Cyberstorm PPC hardware mod: 060@72MHz/PPC@396MHz

wow... is it stable? have you tried it with grex/cvisionppc?

So far yes. :)
Of course I will do some tests once I will have "clean" AOS.
What I'm sure that onboard MACH/Cypress logic chips must be cooled by fan if top cover is closed. They are designed to work with 50MHz, not with 72MHz. :D

And I will do testing with Cybervision as well; I do not expect any problems as I keep still 50MHz for Cybervision/onboard SCSI.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Awesome news my friend! Congratulations and we seek more pr0n soon!

Very impressive work indeed & a credit to you m8. (y)

Kin

Bet you have a fair bit of grunt from that thing, how do you feel about having one of the fastest Amiga's in the world? :LOL:

Dude, you are one frikken brain-box!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Get this all confirmed stable and reliably running, and I'd be tempted to send you mine... :whistle: (y)

This makes me seriously want to find a PPC card and have it upgraded. I have never felt the need for one before now, but this is awesome hacking! Congrats on the work there Stachu100! Now if we could just find a repository of many unpopulated PPC cards that we could salvage.......:twisted:

-Edit- When I say we, I mean we as a community. I don't mean we as in me and someone else. I thought I would clarify that since I have been working with Ed to help sell many of his Amiga computers and cards recently.

Last edited:
Don't worry my friend, I think we knew what you meant. :D

Marvellous work old chap. :)

It does my heart good to see excellent retro-modding like this.

Please correct me if I am wrong.., but that looks like a BGA for the 604, if thats the case, I am astonished. That must have been DIFFICULT to desolder without affecting any surrounding components.. :wooha: :bowdown:

Thanks all!

Having proper equipment it's not difficult to work with BGA package.
It's exactly the same work as graphic chips replacement in laptops for example.

OMG Stachu! :eek:

Why haven't I seen this post before?

You have my deepest respect!

Back
Top Bottom