matt3k

Blogger
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Country
United States
Region
NY
I'm selling a 3640 that came from a 4000T. I used it for my mythbuster, refit, buyers guide for the 3000D. Since it started life as a 3.2 it will not need to recapped because of backward mounted caps. It was taken care of by a friend in his 4000T that he bought new back in the day. He sold the 4000T and I picked up the 3640.

This card ran perfectly well in a 3000D, the heatsink/fan combo is very low profile and will allow you to use it perfectly in a 3000D without hacking the case or other silly things.

This card ran just fine with 60ns Static Column Zips, although there is no extra speed benefit since the 3640 doesn't work with burst mode. Interestingly ramsey will still report burst mode enabled even though using speed tests it show no speed increase and that SC burst mode is ignored.

This card is a perfect solution for 3000D owners who want more speed:).

New Price is $225 USD not including shipping.

I will post pictures when I get some time...

Last edited:
Just to help possible buyers: to use this card the A3000 must have kickstart 2.04 or 3.1.

Old 1.4 (1.3/2.0 selectable) will not work with the accelerator.

And is better to replace the fry-an-egg XC68040 with a modern(ish) MC68040 with the two latest masks.

K63H is perfect for 25MHz and may not require a heatsink at all.
L88M is the last version and is the best version as it is almost cool even at 40MHz!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. ;-)

Last edited:
Just to help possible buyers: to use this card the A3000 must have kickstart 2.04 or 3.1.

Old 1.4 (1.3/2.0 selectable) will not work with the accelerator.

And is better to replace the fry-an-egg XC68040 with a modern(ish) MC68040 with the two latest masks.

K63H is perfect for 25MHz and may not require a heatsink at all.
L88M is the last version and is the best version as it is almost cool even at 40MHz!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. ;-)

Thanks for the added value RKauer!

Picture added:
- - - Updated - - -

WP_20140516_21_11_15_Pro__highres.jpgWP_20140516_21_11_15_Pro__highres.jpg

Last edited:
To add to the comments:

You don't need the heatsink, since the 3640 is a stock 25MHz and It was never over clocked or tampered with.

If the new owner is a 4000D user, I can replace the heatsink with a traditional 4000 without a fan if they wish.

I added the fan in case the new owner was over cautious (like myself) OR if the new owner wanted to overclock it with speedgeeks guide.

When I did my 3000D guide the GALS ran hotter than this 040. She runs cool at stock speed...

I did all the testing with this card in a 3000D with all the latest chips. 3000D chips with the same rev number can perform differently and if you have a really dodgy chip, I could see where there may be an issue. That said the Rev 3.2 fixed the lionshare of issues with the 3k and I can almost guarantee that it works in all known/documented situations.

Enjoy...

Last edited:
Card received, thanks. Great packaging!
I'm just surprised the card is identified as REV 3.1 on the PCB (was not visible on your picture due to the flash), but maybe there are no 3.2 as such ?

--- Edit

Indeed : checked on the Amiga Hardware Database...

Positive feedback on its way... (y)

Last edited:
The key was that is was branded as Amiga Technologies. All Amiga Technology branded 3640's are 3.2, even though they state 3.1. Welcome to the wonderfully confusing world of Amiga. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom