PDA

View Full Version : Closed SOLD: Amiga 3000 Desktop for sale

Keitchy
16th July 2008, 05:48
******** SOLD ******** :D

Hi every one,

I got a barely use A3000 @25 mhz, it got 4 meg of fast ram and 2 of chip. a 52 meg scsi hard drive. No keyboard or mice as i'm keeping those for my other miggy. It has kickstart 2.04 and also workbench 2.04 preinstalled.

Asking for 75 $ can + shipping
i will ship every were but please note that it's a ntsc version.

Thanks for looking

coze
16th July 2008, 07:39
hello,
where are you located ?

Merlin
16th July 2008, 08:43
This is just a shot in the dark, but as he's asking for the price in Canadian Dollars I reckon that's where he is.

@ Keitchy

Could you please edit your profile to show your location please? It helps users to estimate shipping costs.

Thanks

Zetr0
16th July 2008, 09:17
@Keitchy

That is a gorgeous A3000, if only you lived a little closer :(

chiark
16th July 2008, 09:32
Assuming that it's working and shipping isn't more than the machine, I'll take it please. PM on its way.

By the way, if it helps reduce the shipping then please remove the power supply - it'll be no good to me I guess as I think they're fixed at 110V...

coze
16th July 2008, 11:25
LOL when he said can, I thought he meant it :)

coze
16th July 2008, 11:56
I've had two A3000's shipped from US to Japan and shipping was more like 150$-200$. And it was two years ago.

chiark
16th July 2008, 12:24
Ah well, let's see what we can do... I had a 1000 shipped from the states cheaply (via ground - well, I guess sea actually!) and that was around $30...

I've just had a look at canadapost.ca, and they're not cheap are they :) ! If the weight is around 6lbs without the PSU - an optimistic guess - then international xpresspost is $87 including confirmation and signature on delivery or surface is $45... Looks like surface doesn't offer signature or confirmation tho - but it does offer insurance.

We'll work something out, I'm sure.

Keitchy
17th July 2008, 02:02
Sorry forgot about my location stuff, tomorrow i will have the prices for international shipping, and i will not take my power supply off my 3000. Unless there's someone who will buy it sepereately.

chiark
17th July 2008, 09:39
I'll give you $75 for the machine with our without PSU :) - feel free to put it in the recycle bin providing we can make the deal for the machine work.

pkillo
17th July 2008, 19:58
I am interested if it is still available! Will send PM with contact details.

meega
17th July 2008, 20:39
Ok, chiark looks like first in line provided it comes in at less than CA$150 or so, and he doesn't need/want the PSU (if it helps keep costs down). I am afraid Keitchy can't list in the Recycle Bin (if he knows what it is yet) as he isn't an Amibayer - but there is nothing to say you can't list a "giveaway" item elsewhere on the board. Mind you, there is no reason why he can't sell it separately if he wants to, I'm sure it will fetch a few bucks.

Second in line is pkillo, about as far away but in the opposite direction, presumably wanting it with the power supply still inside.

Please could other potentially interested parties wait for Keitchy to investigate postal costs and navigate his way through the current situation before forming an orderly queue. :D

Keitchy
17th July 2008, 23:46
Ok, so the shipping to europe is 88$. so i guess i could go for 150$ for the A3000 and shipping anywhere. :wink:

meega
17th July 2008, 23:50
I wanna be third in line. :D

pkillo
18th July 2008, 00:41
Well, if chiark doesn't want it at that price, you have my contact details in PM. :) I'll keep checking in here, as well.

-Patrick

chiark
18th July 2008, 09:58
OK, one way or another we'll do something :) . Thanks!

Keitchy has given me another option (buy a motherboard alone) which would work for me providing the motherboard is working and populated :) . Those are fairly big assumptions, but if they're right then I'll go for that.

pkillo
18th July 2008, 10:05
Let me know if that motherboard deal works out; or if the system goes and there's a board available, I'd be interested in the board! :)

chiark
19th July 2008, 14:02
OK, looks like I'm taking the motherboard so the 3000 looks like it's pkillo's :D

pkillo
19th July 2008, 22:22
Awesome. I have wanted a big box Amiga for a while now...

keitchy, I am out of town until tomorrow afternoon and this will be my last chance to check messages until then; PM me regarding payment details and expect a response tomorrow. :) Thanks.

Keitchy
20th July 2008, 19:46
@chrak

Well i'll have the shipping rate for the motherboard on thuesday

@phkillo
the A3000 is yours if you want, pm has been post.

thanks

chiark
20th July 2008, 20:34
Marvellous, thanks for the update :)

It will be so, so good to be back having a working 3000 again :D

pkillo
21st July 2008, 02:10
Great! payment sent, and I'm looking forward to it! Thanks!

-p.

Predseda
21st July 2008, 10:04
I already PMed you last week, but without reply :cry:

Merlin
21st July 2008, 11:21
@ Predseda

Sorry that you were not contacted about this, however, our rules state that you should declare your interest in the item in the thread before going to Private Messaging. Your first post above tells me that you didn't declare your interest in the thread and therefore your message was correctly ignored under the rules of our site, as PM without a declared interest could be a form of silent bidding, which is another no-no under our rules.

We have to preserve the "first come, first served" rule and the only way to do this is to clearly state your interest first before going to e-mail or PM.

I suggest you chalk this one up to experience and learn from it for next time.

Please take this opportunity to read up on the Buyers Conduct (http://www.amibay.com/faq.php#f40) and Silent Bidding (http://www.amibay.com/faq.php#f41) rules of AmiBay.

These rules are put in place to stop threads becoming crazy free for alls, as well as members being plagued with countless PM's and offers.

Cheers

Merlin

Predseda
21st July 2008, 12:14
@ Predseda

Sorry that you were not contacted about this, however, our rules state that you should declare your interest in the item in the thread before going to Private Messaging. Your first post above tells me that you didn't declare your interest in the thread and therefore your message was correctly ignored under the rules of our site, as PM without a declared interest could be a form of silent bidding, which is another no-no under our rules.

We have to preserve the "first come, first served" rule and the only way to do this is to clearly state your interest first before going to e-mail or PM.

I suggest you chalk this one up to experience and learn from it for next time.

Please take this opportunity to read up on the Buyers Conduct (http://www.amibay.com/faq.php#f40) and Silent Bidding (http://www.amibay.com/faq.php#f41) rules of AmiBay.

These rules are put in place to stop threads becoming crazy free for alls, as well as members being plagued with countless PM's and offers.

Cheers

Merlin

Okay, thanks, I will study the rules better :wink:

chiark
25th July 2008, 13:00
Quote for shipping of the a3000 board now received and paypal paid :) - thanks!

Will post an update once it arrives.

pkillo
26th July 2008, 23:15
Likewise for the system; I'm looking forward to receiving it! :)

pkillo
9th August 2008, 03:55
A3000 received in good condition - I had to go back to the states for a wedding and stopped by my old place to pick up my mail and the postman was trying to deliver it then and there.... talk about lucky! :)

chiark
18th August 2008, 10:29
Excellent :D

My fingers are crossed that it'll turn up in a couple of weeks: it had to go via surface mail otherwise the cost would have been a killer. Hope you're enjoying it!

chiark
19th September 2008, 22:37
aaand!

It arrived on Wednesday this week! :D

perfect condition, great packaging, and fully working as promised. Thanks so much for going out the way to post this! (Time to close this thread - all deals done, completed and everyone is very, very, very happy :) :D )