PDA

View Full Version : Closed For Sale Cyberstorm MK III

coze
16th July 2008, 07:48
Up for sale is a cyberstorm MK3 (http://amiga-hardware.com/showhardware.cgi?HARDID=237) I purchased from good old effy (http://www.amibay.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=179) a few months ago. I originally bought this baby for a second A4000 tower project, but really, I can't justify the time and resources needed for it at the moment. So it has to go. I'm asking 280 EUR for it (shipping included worldwide)

It has full 128 mb ram installed and a cooler with fan attached.

Item will be shipped from Japan with EMS, which is insured and trackable online (http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html). No chance of trouble here. You may check my ebay feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ardaka19623) for erm credential ? **** I can't remember the word. Anyway.

Payments by paypal. This advert will be valid for two weeks after which I will auction the item.

T_Hairy_Bootson
16th July 2008, 08:47
/me drools

we need a drooling smiley

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drooling/drooling.gif

Jimbo100
16th July 2008, 13:35
PM sent

coze
17th July 2008, 01:08
Cyb MKIII is now sold, pending payment. 8)

coze
28th July 2008, 11:08
deal falls as the board turned out to be 040 instead of 060 :roll: now that comes very strange as I never heard of a 040 mkIII before and they're listed as 060 only at amiga hardware sites.

Currently the sale is on hold until I figure what to do next and set a price. I wonder if I could get some compensation from effy as I bought this board thinking it was 060 in mind. However I can't blame him really cause he didn't list the processor type. I just assumed it was 060. :roll:

good thing is that the processor is socketed and socket seems to be 060 compliant. so it should be a piece of cake to upgrade this baby to 060 for the insterested parties. :idea:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/374/dscn4897fa8.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8017/dscn4898se6.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9614/dscn4899nm8.jpg

Kin Hell
28th July 2008, 13:42
Hi coze,

It`s not just as simple as swapping the CPU. The 040 is a 5v package whereas the 060 is a 3.3v package. Consequently, the power regulator will need swapping out as well as the CPU.

These conversion kits did exist for some bliazzrd 1240 to 1260 conversions but RE the MkIII CS, it would be a special event to get this card to 060 status afaik.

I have taken liberty of "Locking" this thread in order for you to have some time in deciding how you are going to market this item & also to avoid confusion & possible disappointment via prospective punters.

What software are you using to read the CPU? Sysinfo always reports 060 CPU's as 040's as it wasn`t coded correctly for the 060 CPU.
Show Config from Workbench should list the CPU in a Shell/CLI type of window.

If you have any reason to question this Locking, please PM me to discuss further.

Many Thanks,

Kin

Kin Hell
4th August 2008, 11:46
Unlocked coze.....Just say when! :wink:

T_Hairy_Bootson
6th August 2008, 15:43
Hi what is the new price for this in light of the 040 discovery?

edit: I am interested if the price is right.

Zetr0
16th August 2008, 10:18
[Thread Edit]

Hello there my friends, I have taken the opportunity to remove 2 posts due to price guiding/driving which is against site rules.

(well one of them, and the other makes no sense without it lol)

Not only does price guiding cause lots of friction between members as what one would pay so much for others might find almost fanatical its also dependent on the locality of the seller / buyer in the chain.

now there is no harm in suggesting where to look to get an idea of price, and there is no harm in suggesting a range of prices that you have seen them. However by stating a fixed price you do invite upon yourself the wrath of those that believe it should be either cheaper or more expensive.

The truth is, people want to help each other, and this is one of the hardest rules/guidelines that AmiBay has for members to follow (trust me i have caught myself a few times) however, by stating a price guide your are infact causing more harm than good, the real truth of a price for an item is what the seller is prepared to sell it for and what the buyer is willing to buy it for.

I don't feel theres need to take it any further, as it was only meant to help.

my best wishes

Happy AmiBaying :)

Effy
18th August 2008, 08:33
Thanks Zetro, the posting you removed was mine and it was in fact Coze himself who suggested me through pm that the board could be sold again. Thatīs why I came up with that price. The board is still in his hands and I actually donīt see the use of it that Coze should send the card to me first and that I would send it again to the buyer of the card, shipping costs can be expensive :D
Now what to do Zetro ?

T_Hairy_Bootson
18th August 2008, 10:51
Well if coze wants to name his price we can go from there I guess.

coze
18th August 2008, 13:39
Just to make things clear, I didn't ask effy to set a price. I just wanted him to take back the card and return me my money. Here's the message I sent him :

sorry effy. EC's and LC's don't work for me. Too much trouble. And full ones cost nearly more than double of them. (we're talking about a full 68060 as compensation here)

Maybe I could return the board to you and you sell at a different price ?

As for the price, I don't see any reason to bend over and take what effy has mispresented. I just want my original payment back, which was 265 Euro. Add to that 10 Euro for shipping wherever it may go to. If you're looking for a reduction in the price, ask it from effy.

All in all what really effy should do is to get that money from the original owner IMHO, because that guy got the money he shouldn't have.

T_Hairy_Bootson
18th August 2008, 16:00
Just to make things clear, I didn't ask effy to set a price. I just wanted him to take back the card and return me my money. Here's the message I sent him :

sorry effy. EC's and LC's don't work for me. Too much trouble. And full ones cost nearly more than double of them. (we're talking about a full 68060 as compensation here)

Maybe I could return the board to you and you sell at a different price ?

As for the price, I don't see any reason to bend over and take what effy has mispresented. I just want my original payment back, which was 265 Euro. Add to that 10 Euro for shipping wherever it may go to. If you're looking for a reduction in the price, ask it from effy.

All in all what really effy should do is to get that money from the original owner IMHO, because that guy got the money he shouldn't have.

Fair enough coze, thanks for clarifying the situation. I hope you get your money back and then effy can get his money back in return.

Kin Hell
18th August 2008, 16:56
@ Coze.

If we can come to some arrangement through Effy, I might be interested in the Card to save it being "Ping-Ponged" all over Europe, so you could just send it to me straight from Japan to the UK.

At the same time, I don`t want to end up being another Spanner in the Works!

@ Effy

Price is going to have to be right though m8y! PM me if you want to cut a deal! :wink:

Hope this helps in some way! :)

T_Hairy_Bootson
18th August 2008, 23:41
Would of thought I was in line if there was a deal to be done.

edit: On second thought, I wash my hands of this thread. All yours KinHell.

Kin Hell
19th August 2008, 18:44
You were. :wink:

Jimbo100
20th August 2008, 00:00
Actually none of you are in line I would have thought. As the original person who actually paid for the item when it was offered as a 060 I would have thought I could have been offered the item once the mess was all sorted out. I wasn't offered a discount price since it was an 040, just a refund. If the price was right I would have liked a chance to purchase but I think Coze was righfully trying to get some details from Effy which it appears has been sorted.

So whats the price of the 040?

Effy
20th August 2008, 09:02
Actually I am working on filling my PayPal account in order to refund Coze ...

T_Hairy_Bootson
21st August 2008, 00:44
Nice one effy, its good to know with the amount of sales you do, you take responsibility when things turn sour. Just adds to your reputation and makes me more confident about dealing with you in the future. :)

Kin Hell
21st August 2008, 16:43
Well, not wanting to **** anyone off by doing this, the thread will be closed once Coze is refunded.

In all fairness Jimbo100, you could have asked for the difference in refund after you had paid for it originally, thinking it was an 060! Since you were refunded in full, others have tried dealing since, which doesn`t really entitle you to first dibs all over again.

My offer was to try & help coze out of a sticky situation which Effy has now lovingly embraced! :D

In view of the misunderstandings here from the start, once Effy has refunded coze, this thread will be closed & it will be up to Effy to advertise where-ever & at his convenience.

Best Wishes to all,

Kin

Jimbo100
21st August 2008, 17:06
In all fairness I wasn't offered anything other than a refund, and in fairness to Coze, he would have had no idea what Effy was going to do let alone give me a discounted price. Since the board is going back to Effy it would seem fair that he re-advertise it and we all line up again!

Kin Hell
21st August 2008, 18:22
@ Jimbo100

When you were offered the "Refund", did you not ask about a reduction?

coze
21st August 2008, 18:40
there was no need of a reduction. I have had not accepted his payment yet, so I just denied it and saved us from a paypal fee. I didn't offer a reduction because it was not my call and it would make things just more complicated.

Kin Hell
21st August 2008, 21:43
@ Coze

So Jimbo100 never actually paid for this card then?

Zetr0
21st August 2008, 22:16
I am locking this Thread, mainly because there is nothing on offer, and this conversation needs to be in private between the members involved.

I will discussing with the Admin about removing this thread so that whom what ever can repost if the item if at all.

Kin Hell
23rd August 2008, 03:25
Coze wanted me to pass on this comment.

coze has been refunded and dispute has been resolved'. The board belongs back to Effy now, which he says he'll be keeping.

Good Result all round. Nice one. :wink: