Closed Amstrad CPC 6128 with mods and RGB cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Country
United States
Region
New York
Here's my Amstrad CPC 6128 which I have worked on for months but now that I move I can't really keep, which is a shame since I always wanted a machine set up like this. :(

The machine has light scuffs and marks product of use I believe (you can see them mostly on the badges).
It contains the following modifications:

- Internal 3.5" floppy disk drive, Panasonic JU256A, so you don't need 3" disks anymore. Note: I didn't add a "side" switch, but you can save each side to a 3.5" disk and it will work (change disks instead of flicking a switch when asked). The drive is a bit inside of the case but works well, I did this do I didn't drill unnecessary holes on the computer case.

- Internal picoPSU modification. The machine works with a 12V DC to DC brick outside and nothing more. You plug this to the 12VDC connector on the Amstrad. I removed the original curly cable but include it with the sale in case anyone wants to revert the mod. I have covered the 5VDC port so it's not used by mistake, since 5V is provided internally now. This is so convenient and I am super happy I managed to pull this off. No more need for the Amstrad monitor or expensive adapter, or hacky external ATX PSU jobs!

- Since we have a new PSU, the unit comes with a RetroComputerShack RGB cable. Note: this cable gives ghosty and weird image on some LCDs (like mine). I tested it with a CRT and it worked flawlessly. So have that in mind.

I have noticed that the 12V DC-DC brick I bought for this computer is not of the best quality and indeed gives a little bit of noise on the video on this setup. I am sorry about this, but now I don't have time to go and research plus buy a new one. Any picoPSU power brick will work, and they cost about 15/20 pounds in case you want to replace it. I know it's the 12V DC-DC because I tried with another one that I use in one of my Amigas and the noise on the black signal went away. It looks like a grounding issue, perhaps it doesn't show up on your setup.

I will include a copy of the Amstrad demo "Batman Forever" for you to test the machine.

Here are some pics of the machine:

WP_20140611_14_18_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20140611_14_35_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20140611_14_18_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20140611_14_18_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20140611_14_19_17_Pro.jpg

I am looking for £100 (was £120) for this setup, plus shipping costs.
Payment to be done by Paypal gift or fees on you.
Will ship internationally.

[edit] In action: https://vine.co/v/MjvIrO6zaD5

Last edited:
Slashed 20 quid off the price. Please buy this!
Started to advertise it somewhere else too.

Last edited:
Have the same hack in my 6128 with a 3.5 inch drive, with Parados makes such a difference when using an Amstrad ..... Nice Mod and Good Luck with your sale :)

Hi, sorry the off-topic, but can you point me the web page with tutorial to do the floppy hack? I am tired to wait for gotek firmware. I have Pardos installed already!:LOL:
Thanks!
Jorge

Last edited:
interested pending pm

If it's the one on eBay at the moment, you would need to sort it quick because there are 14 hours left (as I post this) and auctions can't be cancelled with 12 hours left I think? Unless I'm totally mistaken how eBay works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom