PDA

View Full Version : Game Consoles in my Living Room

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 02:12
I spent a lot of time on Saturday connecting a bunch of game consoles to my living room entertainment system. I wanted all the wires to be hidden so it took a good bit of time. The television is mounted on the wall with all the wires going through the wall to some other components you can't see in the picture. :)

The top tow contains:
XBOX 360 Modern Warfare II Edition
XBOX 360 Elite (XBOX LIVE Banned Edition. LOL!)

The second row down contains:
PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Edition
ColecoVision (With A/V Mod and AtariMax USB Flash Cart)

The third row down contains:
Nintendo 64
XBOX Halo Edition with Xecuter Mod
Nintendo Wii

The bottom row contains:
Nintendo Entertainment System (With RetroZone NES PowerPak)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (With RetroZone SNES PowerPak)
Nintendo GameCube (With GameBoy Player for GB, GBC and GBA Games)

If I had more room I would have also put out the Dreamcast, CD32 and Atari 2600. I guess I'll just have to swap them out every once in a while. :D

Enjoy!

Heather

rkauer
11th May 2010, 03:36
The modern Warfare II edition comes with the built-in Red Ring of Death already installed?

BTW: no CDTV? Pff...

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 13:21
I haven't had any trouble with the Modern Warfare X360 but the Elite red ringed on me even though I always kept it well ventilated and really didn't have all that many hours of play on it. :mad: Fortunately, I was able to fix it!

I'd love to get a CDTV but they are a difficult to find in the USA. Oh well...

Take care,

Heather

tokyoracer
11th May 2010, 13:23
Banned edition, I like. :lol:

Got that green Xbox muself, is a nice looking thing though I'm wanting to soft mod mine as soon as I clear some space.

Justin
11th May 2010, 13:31
I spent a lot of time on Saturday connecting a bunch of game consoles to my living room entertainment system. I wanted all the wires to be hidden so it took a good bit of time. The television is mounted on the wall with all the wires going through the wall to some other components you can't see in the picture. :)

The top tow contains:

Nintendo 64
Nintendo Wii

The bottom row contains:

If I had more room I would have also put out the Dreamcast, CD32 and Atari 2600. I guess I'll just have to swap them out every once in a while. :D

Enjoy!

Heather

nice:thumbsup:, can I come and live in your house please?

Tajmaster
11th May 2010, 13:34

The top tow contains:

Nintendo 64
Nintendo Wii

The bottom row contains:

Enjoy!

Heather

Marry me? :D

fitzsteve
11th May 2010, 13:37
Thats a great setup you have there :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing the pic...

Steve.

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 14:01
nice:thumbsup:, can I come and live in your house please?
You probably wouldn't like it here... Too many Americans. :p

LOL! I'm not ready to marry anyone yet!

@Steve
Thanks for the compliment. I have three nephews and they always love it when their Aunt Heather comes to visit because I've always got all the best toys. :D

Ciao!

Heather

Justin
11th May 2010, 14:04
rofl @ SDG, good point, well made thx :thumbsup::)

Shoonay
11th May 2010, 14:09
Mmmmmmmmm... 1/20th of SdG's room... :drool:

Now if only you got some more hardware all around your room and post photos of that... :whistle:

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 14:18
Now if only you got some more hardware all around your room and post photos of that... :whistle:
LOL! You can't see the pictures on the walls above the two side component towers, but they are two Firefly prints by Jason Palmer (http://www.jasonpalmer.net/).

http://www.jasonpalmer.net/picts/Originals/Firefly%20original.jpg
http://www.jasonpalmer.net/picts/Originals/Serenity%20Frame.jpg

The second one is a limited edition (1000 prints) from the Serenity movie.

Once I get my upstairs office de-cluttered, I'll take a picture of my retro setup. :)

Take care,

Heather

rkauer
11th May 2010, 15:27

Go to the end of the queue.:mad:

I'm first!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

---------------------------------

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

She likes Firefly!

I'm more deep in love for her!!!!

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 15:34
She likes Firefly!

I'm more deep in love for her!!!!
:D I even have some non-geek friends who love Firefly. Such a great show.

Heather

Bootay
11th May 2010, 15:43
Heather,

Looks great. I also have a similar set up, but I have the classic game systems hooked up to a CRT TV because they look nasty on my LCD. And the LCD is hanging on my wall above the CRT with the newer consoles hooked to that.

I will post pics one day when the room is cleaned up. I have been doing some drywall work and it is a mess right now.

gazcbm
11th May 2010, 16:05
Wow, between you and Juv I am jealous. I want a setup like you guys!!

Details of how this all connects please?

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

...and also when I have a bit of free time I am going to trawl through the forum to find out how many marriage proposals you have had over the past year or so :-)

Nathanieltolbert
11th May 2010, 16:06
Nathan Fillion is a great guy, well worth meeting if you get the chance. My wife has his autograph somewhere, I don't know where she put it. One of her friends got it from Comicon, and called my wife, so she could talk to Nathan Fillion on the phone. She talked with him for 3 or 4 minutes. I haven't seen her that happy since we got married. *Sigh* I just can't please her as well as the other 'Nathan' can.:lol:

-Edit- He's on Xbox Live by the way. I don't know his gamertag but he talked about playing in the past on his facebook account.

Justin
11th May 2010, 16:07
Wow, between you and Juv I am jealous. I want a setup like you guys!!

Details of how this all connects please?

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

...and also when I have a bit of free time I am going to trawl through the forum to find out how many marriage proposals you have had over the past year or so :-)

no marriage proposal from me!! i just want to abuse her retro collection :lol:

gazcbm
11th May 2010, 16:12
:lol: ROFL laughing @ Juv

AmiG
11th May 2010, 17:11
Great gaming setup! I only have one of those toys in my house. It's just a Wii and my daughter is always using it. I have Amiga games and PC games though. SkydivinGirl, Firefly is great! So is Buffy for that matter. My wife bought me both box sets as gifts because she knows what a huge Joss Whedon fan I am. I don't need to be in line for marriage proposals though as I already got one! ;);)

woodycool
11th May 2010, 19:11
@SdG

OMFG! Do you mind if I emigrate to the US and come and live with you? ..... with a setup like that, you'll keep any retro computer enthusiast interested. :lol:

I have noticed, no signs on any Amigas there (no CD32 or CDTV) ... WHY?

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 20:32
@Bootay
The only system that looks a little off on my LCD is the ColecoVision. The rest of them look really good. :)

@gazcbm

The Two XBOX 360s and the PS3 are all using HDMI going to a switch box. The Wii and XBOX are using Component connections and also going to a switch box. The rest of the consoles are using Composite but I know the GameCube can do better output and will switch it as soon as I get a different cable.

I don't know how many marriage proposals I've received here. Hmm... How many husbands could I have... :roll:

@Nathan
I've never had a chance to meet Nathan Fillion but he really is a wonderful actor and seems like a great guy. I definitely sympathize with your wife's view of him. :nod:

@JuvUK
Keep your retro abuse away from my systems. :)

@AmiG
I pretty much love all Joss's shows as well. I just hate that so many of them don't last long enough. :(

@woodycool
LOL! It's great to hear that my retro collection makes people want to emigrate to the US. :) Don't forget, I also have a wonderful MAME cabinet as well. :D

I don't have my CD32 out there because I simply ran out of room! I'm planning on buying new furniture soon and will try to get something that will hold everything. :D For now, I just put out the systems I play often.

Take care,

Heather

Bootay
11th May 2010, 20:38
Heather,

After I clean up my computer/game room I will post pics of mine. I have about 20 consoles hooked up at once and about 7 computers both modern and classic. I have been working on building other rooms in my basement though so it is a mess at the moment. Drywall dust and tools and ladders everywhere.

woodycool
11th May 2010, 20:40
@woodycool
LOL! It's great to hear that my retro collection makes people want to emigrate to the US. :) Don't forget, I also have a wonderful MAME cabinet as well. :D

Right, that's it, decision made :lol: lol
You got Street Fighter II on that MAME cab? :D

SkydivinGirl
11th May 2010, 20:51
@Bootay
I'd love to see your setup whenever you can get a picture. :)

Every version. :D

Ciao,

Heather

woodycool
11th May 2010, 20:58
Ummmmm .... I think I love you now! :lol:
MAME cab + every ver of SF2? .... what more can a man ask for? :D

Nathanieltolbert
11th May 2010, 21:16
A dedicated cab with Street Fighter III Third Strike? That's like the best version of Street Fighter I've ever played. So so so much better than that pile of junk they call Street Fighter IV. Blech, I have to rinse my mouth out after even uttering that name!

woodycool
11th May 2010, 21:52
A dedicated cab with Street Fighter III Third Strike? That's like the best version of Street Fighter I've ever played. So so so much better than that pile of junk they call Street Fighter IV. Blech, I have to rinse my mouth out after even uttering that name!
I'm with on SF3:3S being better than SF4 and the new Super SF4, but the best version of Street Fighter is definitely Street Fighter II': Champion Edition, without a doubt!
I would still love to have an SF3:3S cab though.

Skilgannon
11th May 2010, 22:04
HEATHER!

What an awesome collection! I showed my wife the pic of your setup and said that after almost 20 years I would have expected her to be getting that kind of setup for me. It wasn't received well :lol:

Dog house until I'm 50! :blink:

ALSO - I love the Firefly pictures!!!! They are just the biz! I have an A3 print / poster from the opening night of Serenity from the local cinema in Glasgow. If you're collecting these things I could send it over to you if you like.

Cheers

J

salaxi54
12th May 2010, 00:00
That's a mighty nice collection you got there! Glad i'm not much either in to gaming or even consoles for that matter! As i already have occupied 2 private rooms for more than 20 years, if i was to complete a "Permission to occupy a 3rd room for consoles form" and forward the document to the missus, thunder and lightning would be the least expected treatment! :D

SkydivinGirl
12th May 2010, 00:01
What an awesome collection! I showed my wife the pic of your setup and said that after almost 20 years I would have expected her to be getting that kind of setup for me. It wasn't received well :lol:

Dog house until I'm 50! :blink:
LOL! Yeah, I'm sure most women would have the same reaction. :) I would actually prefer to have a cabinet where I could hide the consoles, just to make everything look nicer. I've done what I could so far until I get some new furniture. :)

ALSO - I love the Firefly pictures!!!! They are just the biz!
Thanks! I really like Jason's artwork. I would love to buy an original of his instead of a print.

I have an A3 print / poster from the opening night of Serenity from the local cinema in Glasgow. If you're collecting these things I could send it over to you if you like.
Wow! That would be wonderful. :) I'd love to get it if shipping isn't too expensive.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments.

Heather

SkydivinGirl
12th May 2010, 00:31
@woodycool

Here's some screen shots of SF3:3S and SF2:CE on my MAME cabinet. :)

Heather

woodycool
12th May 2010, 00:52
@woodycool

Heather

http://www.amibay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3749&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1273620629
My fav version of SF2 .... Champion Edition for the WIN!

:drool: at lovely MAME cab with SF2 and SF3 screenshots :D

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

(sorry, I'll stop drooling soon, I promise)

Nathanieltolbert
12th May 2010, 02:51
The animation in SFIII is incredible. Well worth the look, and the game is much more well balanced with the super move than the previous versions, and the subsequent releases. I salute you and your mame cabinet!

T_Hairy_Bootson
12th May 2010, 06:30
Nice job on hiding the cabling there SDG.

Here is my desk at home as posted on EAB's game room thread:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3729/thb.jpg

And with descriptions:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8536/thb2.jpg

Shitty iphone photo.... :(

Tajmaster
12th May 2010, 08:44
@woodycool

Heather

God damn!!! :p:p:p:p:p Pardon me Heather, but you are the (wo)man. Thats just effing awesome! The folks on here are truly amazing :thumbsup:

slk486
12th May 2010, 08:56

Lol, priceless :lol:

And nice setup!

status
12th May 2010, 11:20
Ummmmm .... I think I love you now! :lol:
MAME cab + every ver of SF2? .... what more can a man ask for? :D

A six pack of course, there is always room for some beer:D

Heather nice collection :D

I have to post some pics of my collection too..!

JiggyMF
12th May 2010, 13:05
O you people actually unpack consoles and have them in the open ^^
I have about 100 boxed ones in the attick in plastic bags...The one touching them will be the last action he takes in his life ^^

Kin Hell
12th May 2010, 13:55
@ THB

Nice set up there m8. Most impressive! :nod:

Kin

SkydivinGirl
12th May 2010, 14:43
@T_Hairy_Bootson

That's quite a nice setup you have! Very nice and clean. :)

@Tajmaster

Thanks! I really appreciate it. :wink:

@statusgr

Yes, please share some pics. :)

@JiggyMF

I buy consoles to use them, not to collect them. Of course, if I had some new unopened boxes, I'd have a hard time cracking them open. :)

@Kin

I'm sure you've got a nice gaming or retro setup too. :D We'd love to see your setup.

Heather

Bootay
12th May 2010, 15:05
@T_Hairy_Bootson:
Nice setup man.

@Heather:
I like the Mame Cab. I always wanted to build one and have never gotten around to it. Did you build it or did you buy it pre-built?

SkydivinGirl
12th May 2010, 15:13
@Bootay

Here's a link (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=3241) to my original photo booth thread about my MAME cabinet. I built it myself. :)

Heather

status
12th May 2010, 15:26
@statusgr

Yes, please share some pics. :)

Heather

As soon as i can arrange them in order and i can still walk among them, cause if i spead them (The computers...) i wont be able to enter my home:P

rkauer
12th May 2010, 19:27
All version of Street Fighter, huh?

Do you have this one?

Street Chaves 1.5 (http://www.baixaki.com.br/site/dwnld38057.htm)

protek
12th May 2010, 19:48
Extremely nice console setup there, Heather. This definitely gets my :thumbsup:.

At the moment my stuff is boxed in our new home waiting for the renovation to be finished but in our old home we used to have my consoles in a low stereo rack with my "hi-fi" system and dvd player. Our lcd tv was on top of the rack. All the equipment resided behind matt glass doors, looking nice and clean. The rack also had drawers for storing the games and controllers.

trip6
12th May 2010, 22:13
Nice hardware... So do you play with your toys often or do just your nephews play with them? Whats are your favorite retro\modern game guilty pleasures? Now if you told me you are into comic books... You would blow me away... LOL...

SkydivinGirl
13th May 2010, 00:40
Street Chaves 1.5 (http://www.baixaki.com.br/site/dwnld38057.htm)
LOL! That's quite an interesting mod. :) I may have to try it some time.

Extremely nice console setup there, Heather. This definitely gets my :thumbsup:.

At the moment my stuff is boxed in our new home waiting for the renovation to be finished but in our old home we used to have my consoles in a low stereo rack with my "hi-fi" system and dvd player. Our lcd tv was on top of the rack. All the equipment resided behind matt glass doors, looking nice and clean. The rack also had drawers for storing the games and controllers.
Sounds very nice! Mine is as clean as I can make it for now but hopefully I'll get some new furniture some time soon.

Nice hardware... So do you play with your toys often or do just your nephews play with them? Whats are your favorite retro\modern game guilty pleasures? Now if you told me you are into comic books... You would blow me away... LOL...
No no, I play many of these consoles quite often. I recently re-played Legend of Zelda on the SNES and I'm planning on playing the original Zelda on the NES soon since I've never played it! I'm not sure if any of them are guilty pleasures since I'm an unabashed Geek. :) I don't play tons of games, but I really enjoy having the real hardware when I do play them.

And no, I'm not into comic books. I enjoy some of the movie adaptations of comics and the general idea behind comics, but I don't read them. :) Now, if they were novelized, I probably would read them! I've recently been re-reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time) series. I read them a while ago and the new book came out late last year. I started reading the latest book and was totally lost so I decided to start the series again from the beginning. :) I'm on the fifth book now.

Take care,

Heather

Nathanieltolbert
13th May 2010, 04:25
Ah yes, the wheel of time series. Why couldn't you just say it was a cloak that swirled in a multitude of colors? Why did you have to spend 3 pages describing it? It's not even important to the bloody plot! It's like the 8 page speech by Gandalf just so he can say 'You cannot pass!' What is the use? Sorry not a big fan of the Wheel of Time series. I have been reading the Sword of Truth series recently and I'm having trouble with the way Women are portrayed in the series. I think I'll just go back and read Journey to the center of the Earth, or maybe War of the Worlds.

SkydivinGirl
13th May 2010, 13:35
Why couldn't you just say it was a cloak that swirled in a multitude of colors? Why did you have to spend 3 pages describing it? It's not even important to the bloody plot!
:lol: My only real complaint with Robert Jordan was that he could get a bit long winded with his descriptions. There's also one book in the series where absolutely nothing really happens! It took me quite some time to get through that one. However, I really like the story and I'm moving through them much faster this time around. :)

Heather

trip6
14th May 2010, 09:16
And no, I'm not into comic books. I enjoy some of the movie adaptations of comics and the general idea behind comics, but I don't read them. :) Now, if they were novelized, I probably would read them!

They actually have novelized a great many of them. Graphic Novels are a huge thing in comic books these days. If you get a chance check out Y the Last Man or Fables. They are two of the most popular these days.

I always liked Robert Jordan's Conan Books... Some of the Wheel of Time stuff was pretty good, I've read about 4 of those books.

I always liked Zelda A Link to the Past, it is one of my favorite SNES games.

Trip6

Nathanieltolbert
14th May 2010, 17:49
Long winded descriptions was exactly what I was going on about. And don't get me started on his conan. I read one book, and the only thing I can remember is a woman was about to be raped by a gang of thugs and Conan kills them all. The woman asks how she could repay him, and Conan RAPES her!!!!! I mean really, WTF? Personally I prefer a little lighter on my fantasy reading. I really like Brian Jaques (spelling is wrong but not at home to check book shelf) Redwall series.