Only Amiga Makes it Happen
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Country
United Kingdon
Region
Bromley, Kent
This is now solved by Fitzsteve!

Does anyone have a spare Blizzard SCSI Kit IV Internal Ribbon Cable? The one I have works OK, but I don't think it is the original one as supplied as it does not have the board under the socket that screws into the bottom of the A1200 keeping it in place.

This is what I have...

Blizzard SCSI Kit IV Cable.jpg

But this (I think) is what I should have...

Blizzard SCSI Kit IV Cable 2.jpg

Thanks in advance... :)

Last edited:
Mechanically/electrically the interface cable is nothing more than a plain IDC26f-to-DB25f cable (wire #26 on the IDC side left unconnected), identical to the ones used e.g. in old PCs to provide a parallel port from the motherboard header.

I have a spare one crafted from a suitable L-shaped backplate (with mounting screw) and such a parallel port cable, split in two ribbon halves and folded in a similar way to the original as provided with the SCSI kit, so that it can be nicely routed to the expansion port. If you are interested let me know, I'm not formally proposing an offer as you'll probably want to look for something closer to you first.

Many thanks for the reply BLTCON0 sounds like just what I need, if I can't find anything nearer to me then I will give you a shout.

Be careful it could be a serial cable or something. Get the correct one as you might end up burning your SCSI kit if you use the wrong cable!

Check with whom ever you bought it from if they used this cable.

By the way you can get the L shape bracket from Amigakit.

Be careful it could be a serial cable or something. Get the correct one as you might end up burning your SCSI kit if you use the wrong cable!

Check with whom ever you bought it from if they used this cable.

By the way you can get the L shape bracket from Amigakit.

Thanks Steve! I got it from someone here who I think used the cable themselves so I think it is the correct cable. thanks for the heads up on the L shaped bracket being available on AmigaKit, I did not know that, if I can find one there I think that is an end to to this problem!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this...

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=977

Another problem solved by the Fitz Master!

Thanks mate :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom