Turbo Everdrive : USB or not USB

Country
Belgium
Region
Brussels
Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of a conundrum here. I'm on the verge of finally deciding to purchase a Turbo Everdrive.
Amongst the various reason for that, there is the ability to do some coding on this marvellous platform.
(And I'll be finally able to play this Altered beast CD that hangs on systems > 1.0 grrrrrrr!)

To that end, I understand that the usb option is a must, for directly sendind compiled code to the console for testing purpose.

However, one of my Nec consoles is my beloved SuperGrafx, for which the Everdrive's usb connector is an utter impediment.
Though I already own all 5 exclusive SuperGrafx games (+ Darius Alpha), I'd still like to be able to use the Everdrive on it because my white PC engine is failing (sound capacitors, probably), and while my Duo Rx is fine, having the opportunity to use the SuperGrafx as a fallback option would be a plus in case the Duo started to act funny too.
Besides, why not trying to exploit the SuperGrafx' 2nd video chip ? (no, that's silly, le'ts just first program a frakin' Helloworld before thinking about advanced stuff)

Thus my question to developers : is the usb option really a must that overcomes the relatively not-so-big issue of preventing the Everdrive to be used in a SuperGrafx ?

Is it bearable to: compile on PC -> transfer on SD card -> run on the Everdrive in a development situation (I suppose not) ??
I mean, I'm not familiar with Pc Engine emulators, but I suppose they could be used as a testing/debugging tool prior to actual deployment on the real hardware, am I wrong ?

Or maybe I could mess with the locking mechanism in my SuperGrafx in order to be able to have it use an usb-enabled Everdrive (I absolutely hate this idea).

Any thought and opinion of this topic would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Thomas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom