TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Forum Chums

For the last six weeks ole TC has been slaving away creating some real beauties for you to see at Retro Revival, Wolverhampton this year.
I will be exhibiting both days under the banner BetaGamma Computing in association with my friend and Partner Microsprout's Game Crazed....

I urge you to come along and have a chat and see some of these beautiful odd, rare and hot-rodded beasts.

As well as the HotRodded TRS 80 Model 3 that you see here I will also have some Acorn BBC Model B's Masters and a very special Master compact with built in Turbo MMC..all of course fully refurbed and HotRodded as appropriate by Me :)

Also a special Video Genie, Pet 3032, TRS80 CoCo2, CPC 464+ and many others
They will all be available for sale over the weekend...

Please note...None of these items are listed for sale on Amibay at this point in time so No PM's or offers please as inline with the site rules...

This One of a kind TRS80 Model 3 started life as a Basic 16K Cassette machine.
No hardware (brackets or electronics) were present internally for any upgrade options so using Tandy drawings I had some custom brackets made for the Drive assembly tower.

Added an additional Power supply unit to power the Drive's and Fre emulator and installed an original Radio Shack Disc Controller PCB.
Installed the additional 32K DRAM and a 48K RAM Badge :)

Two 720K each 3.5" Floppy Drives have been cascaded to occupy the one full size drive bay, these are awesome as creating Floppies on a PC suddenly became much easier.

This Model 3 also contains an FreHD Emulator which basically gives this machine full Hard Disc capability using SD Cards for storage, it can autoboot multiple Operating Systems by user selection straight from the HD, or you can boot from the floppy drives or even load a cassette lol.
The SD Card slot has been extended and SD cards are inserted from the back of the machine, (see pic)
Hard disc Read and Write LEDS have been mounted on the front floppy bezel very tidily..

The SD card has been preloaded with Operating Systems and some very classic games, so please come over even just to play a few of these, digitised speech on the cassette output is quite cool for 1977.

I hope you enjoy looking at this system as much as I did redesigning and building it, the man hours gone in have been phenomenal but I was adamant it was going to be perfect, and she is lol...

TC :)

Attachments

• ChassisFront.jpg
    ChassisFront.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ChassisSide.jpg
    ChassisSide.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
  • NewDrive Assy.jpg
    NewDrive Assy.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MainBoard.jpg
    MainBoard.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
  • LDOS.jpg
    LDOS.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 0
  • MeteorMission1.jpg
    MeteorMission1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MeteorMission2.jpg
    MeteorMission2.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Awesome work as always, Bas! (y)

It would be fun to attend some time.

Very Very nice, great work, A real shame I wont be able to see it in the flesh this weekend.

Looking forward to this Bas.

will be heading for the train station in the next hour or so :)

Shes a beut :) Heading down Saturday so hopefuly get to see it before its snapped up!

Fantastic job! Ah, if only I had the space for a TRS 80 model 3 or Video Genie... I really need to get around to building a man cave lol.

Well Done My Friend ..... I know how much of a labour of love you have put into this beauty my friend.....Looks Great and hope to see it in action tomorrow :)

That looks fantastic, and it's a proper pro job. I hope I can make it on Sunday, as I'd love to see it in the flesh, so to speak.

Wow Bas! It looks amazing. I just wish I could come see it in person. :)

I hope everyone gets to appreciate all the effort you put into it.

Heather

Back
Top Bottom