Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
32Bit Acorns are great machines - sadly most of them lack a joypad interface. Oops!

I've been a-doing a bit of tinkering and have made these:

arcsnes.jpg

Yep. SNES Game pads that plug into the parallel port of any Arc
:D :D :D

-I've made two dual-pad sets, both tested and working 100%
-Both for sale, first and second to ask will get
-£8.00 + P&P each set!
-If there's enough interest I'll make more
-Single pad versions not a problem
-Driver Software

-I'm intending to produce other Arc' goodies as the mood takes me

Please note:
I have an amazingly busy job so please be patient - postage could be slow

Important Points:
*I've found a source (in China) of new SNES pads. The above work fine but frankly the quality isn't amazing. If anyone can point me in the direction of some really good (new) SNES pads I'll use those in future.
**Though mildly modded by me, I didn't write the original driver software. So that's not part of the sale, see download above.
If you'd rather make your own Arc-SNES pads see my guide on The Qube RiscOS Server.

Tested on A3000, A5000, and RiscPC:
-Guaranteed to work on any 'Classic Arc'
-Seems to work with any any OS version up to 6.20 :D
-Sadly not StrongARM compatible and so far I've not been able to fix this. I'm no programming whiz...

Last edited:
Those are ideal
I happen to know somebody who is heavily involved in the retro programming 'scene' and is currently involved in producing a Bomberman clone for the Arc.

I've seen this at several gaming events recently, running as a 5-player co-op on an A3010 (2 standard pads, 2 of the above plugged into the parallel port and 1 player on keys)

So, these should also work on an A3010 (which has joystick ports) as player 3 & 4 if configured correctly?

Hi woodycool,
Now that's most interesting - please let me know more.

As for using these with an A3010 - yep, they should work
BUT
Without testing I'm not sure if they'd replace the internal ports or work along-side them...
...if the former any 1/2 decent coder could sort the drivers, but sadly that's not me. :(

My A3000's got an internal joyport :)D). I'll go see if all three want to work together...

-Sadly not StrongARM compatible and so far I've not been able to fix this. I'm no programming whiz...

Pity - I was all set to order (or at leat consider it) and then I saw this :( I ONLY have an SA (bummer eh?! :LOL:)

Speaking of the Qube BB I'm getting worried... talking to myself is never a good sign :p The admin is a guy called "Charlie"... wonder where he is... I've sent him a PM but he doesnt reply /cry :Doh:

(just kidding m8 I understand you are busy :LOL: (y))

PS :bowdown::bowdown: for doing this btw - nice one :)
Andrew

:LOL:
Busy week, friends round this w-end...
...you know how it is. I'll go see what you've done. ;)

Hi woodycool,
Now that's most interesting - please let me know more.

There's not a lot to tell really.

The game in question is homebrew, and basically, there's the two megadrive pads (or whatever) plugged in to the A3010's joystick ports, and the two pads plugged into the parallel port (like these you are selling)
Then, there's a bit of software that translates the signals or whatever from the parallel port pads into keyboard presses, it just sits on the iconbar once configuration is complete.

In the game, the 3rd, 4th and 5th player are configured to use keyboard (but in the case of player 3 and 4, they are using the key presses that the pad software emulates)

Hope this is useful.

Thanks for the info woodycool. :)

@ thread:
Still one pair of pads ready for a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom