PDA

View Full Version : Closed Selling the bulk of my collection :-(

ag_woodward
27th July 2008, 16:07
REDUCED CS PPC PRICE

Hi all

I am in the unfortunate situation of being self-employed which is causing me to have less and less time to "play" as my business and family expands so, something had to give and while I am sad about it I figured this was the best place to pass things on to a good home so to speak.

More will come up for sale, but for now the following (all exclude postage though I will post anywhere - packing is free and will be done to the highest standard):

X-Surf Network Card - As new, in full working order with box, instruction sheet and CD - £60

Cyberstorm PPC603E 200Mhz/60Mhz with 128mb RAM and on-board SCSI - the PPC side of this card is officially dead. Other than the PPC, the card is in FULL working order and is supplied boxed with CDs, manual and SCSI cable with active terminators. We know the PPC is dead as Amigacenter France replaced the 060 socket and since then the PPC no longer functions, effectively this is a Cyberstorm MKIII as it stands now with faster SCSI - £250 - PRICE NOW REDUCED TO £200

Cybervision PPC - fully working fastest Amiga graphics card for connection to the Cyberstorm PPC listed above - supplied un-boxed (though will be boxed for shipping) with VGA flyer cable - software not included but can be easily downloaded from many places - £100 - SOLD

Newtek Video Toaster 4000 & Newtek Toaster Flyer - both in full working order when removed from the A4000T supplied with Toaster Software CD 4.1 - £100

Amiga OS4.0 Classic - As new with manual and CD, still boxed (couldn't use it as PPC died :-( ) - £20 - SOLD

If anyone is interested in any of the items, PM me!

Check back, considering selling my 3000T and 4000T at the moment...

wurzel
29th July 2008, 14:10
PM sent for OS4.0

wurzel

mfilos
29th July 2008, 23:56
We're probably in a deal with ag_woodward concerning the CVPPC board. Waiting for some clarifications and the Paypal invoice.

Thanks

mfilos
30th July 2008, 22:22
We got a deal. Payment already done and shipping will be done tomorrow!
I'll report back as soon as I receive the board.

Thanks again mate

wurzel
1st August 2008, 13:59
OS4 paid for, looking forward to receiving it ;)

wurzel

mfilos
5th August 2008, 00:01
CybervisionPPC arrived today in perfect package and condition. I'll gief it a try when my A4000 arrives :D

Thanks a lot Andrew

wurzel
9th August 2008, 19:52
OS4 arrived well packed, many thanks.

All I need now is a PPC card ;)

Jose
10th August 2008, 23:02
Hi there. Do you still have the PPC ? Are you absolutely sure that only after AmigaCenter in France soldered the 060 socket it stopped working ? That sounds odd to me because if it was my card I'd surely complain to them as it would be their obligation to fix it for free, since they were the ones who screwed it.

Josť

rkauer
14th August 2008, 09:49
Just for information: Acube in USA can fix the PPC part of the board.

Kin Hell
15th August 2008, 19:48
Just for information: Acube in USA can fix the PPC part of the board.

Good info rkauer. :)

da9000
15th August 2008, 20:07
Also wrong info: there's no Acube in the US.

And some more problems:
Costs as much as the card itself (over 200euro w/ shipping+insurance etc.) AND is not guaranteed to work (I think they said it's like 60-70% chance).
Unfortunately the repairs would work if it's the CPU that's busted. However it's not clear if it's the CPU or some traces or something else.
Finally, they're also closed for the summer.

What's needed is someone making some new PPC cards. No such luck though.

Kin Hell
15th August 2008, 20:36
This all seems to be rather confusing all round tbh.

From the original post, I too would be alarmed at sending a card back for repair that shafted the other CPU in the process. :?

ag_woodward
16th August 2008, 18:29
I did get in touch with ACube and they said at the time (a little over a month ago) that they were only repairing BlizzardPPC at the moment.

Kin-Hell - concerned doesn't even begin to describe it....gutted.

I am not sure what happened to my card, only that the PPC was 100% when it left me and 0% when it came back. The 060 was unpredictable, working "now and then" - a new socket cured that but as I said at the price of my PPC - I am not sure how or why this happened but would never send a dual CPU card away for repair again. The repair cost some 235EUR including postage so if you look at the cost of the card initially plus a 235EUR repair (an 060 socket is commonly made of gold dust :oops: ) and then the card only now being 50% useable - may as well have binned it in the first place.

Kin Hell
17th August 2008, 14:07
The repair cost some 235EUR including postage so if you look at the cost of the card initially plus a 235EUR repair (an 060 socket is commonly made of gold dust :oops: ) and then the card only now being 50% useable - may as well have binned it in the first place.

I feel for ya Mr. ......That just sucks! :|

ag_woodward
24th August 2008, 13:37
Price of CS dropped

Scarlettkitten
17th September 2008, 16:33
Have you still got the Newtek Video Toaster 4000 & Newtek Toaster Flyer? I'm interested :)

you have PM

da9000
17th September 2008, 20:09
Interested in the CS. PMed.

Scarlettkitten
17th September 2008, 21:58
Payment sent for Toaster bits. :)

Scarlettkitten
23rd September 2008, 16:51
Toaster arrived today, great stuff, cheers :D

I've left feedback too :)

luff
28th September 2008, 05:52
do you still have the cyberstorm 060 for sale?