A1200 now on WIFI, but I want to file share... FTP will do but I have hit a brick wall!

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Anyone out there able to help me?

My brain has frazzled... I am using:

ClassicWB Full
MiamiDX
PrismV2.device
Orinoco Gold Wifi card
WPA - AES+TKIP

Ive sorted the broadband side no problems! Can browse and download etc. But the whole point for me is to file share, I have a large bundle of old NBS public domain disks. Once imaged I will shunt them over to a PC. I can do it the normal way with a pcmcia CF card adaptor but now the WIFI is working, I would rather do it that way.

I have tried:

Smbfs
Amitradecentre
RCFTPd

Nothing is working? Im either to stupid to work all this out or something else is wrong?

Also, im having issues sticking to a static ip.. sometimes it will connect, other times it will not... flakey wifi or strange goings on?

:)

Try o put all computers in same workgroup
try to turn off the PC firewall
try to change in advanced folder permissons to Everyone to see what happens.

Try those steps one at the time

Last edited:
And on the PC ?

I tried a few progs... but most required a password which I did not know

So I use 'BabyFTP' which allows anon connections (WPA+TKIP)
from AmiFTP or even IBrowse (PC > Amiga).

Try to turn off the PC firewall

I had to do that for Windows Explorer so Amiga-Explorer would work

Last edited:
Update time!

I sussed it all last night, BabyFTP did not work... I cannot figure why but it was a no go!

But looking around the website of BabyFTP, I found Quick'n Easy FTP Server Professional which does the job perfectly. I made a folder on my desktop, put some amiga files in it. Used the Quick'n Easy FTP program to make a server using that folder. Made sure it had a password and used AmiTCP on the amiga to access it :)

The only issue I get is our WIFI is still a bit flakey even with a good strong router. I may go and fish out a Kingston wired pcmcia card and use that, just for the sake of reliability.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom