Closed SCART cable for Atari XL/XE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retro Computer Shack sell good quality SCART cables for the Atari 8 Bit line on the other bay :) Might be worth a look :)

Atari 8 bit home computers use the same video pin out as a commodore 64, you can buy a composite connected scart to 5 pin DIN for commodore 64 and it will work with the Atari XL/XE.
XL/XE only have composite connected to video out, you have to modify it for svideo or use something like VBXE for RGB.

I hope this helps.

Atari 8 bit home computers use the same video pin out as a commodore 64, you can buy a composite connected scart to 5 pin DIN for commodore 64 and it will work with the Atari XL/XE.
XL/XE only have composite connected to video out, you have to modify it for svideo or use something like VBXE for RGB.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for answer, i am using now cable see picture

WP_20140910_007.jpg

but my picture on LCD TV Monitor looks like this

WP_20140910_006.jpg

so i am willing to buy new scart cable and i hope that quality SCART cable from Retro Computer Shack will help me.

Before you buys a cable I suggest you consider checking if your atari already has svideo connected up internally ( some do, some don't) and if you haven't, getting it s-video modded ( google will advise how)

an atari to scart with svideo is much better then composite, well worth it!

Yes i have one atari 130 xe with s video upgrade and picture on big tv with s video in is perfect, also i have second 130 XE and 800 XE without s video upgrade and picture is from both perfect, i am using s video cable to connect with tv, but on my small monitor tv i do not have s video input, i have scart input and from all computers picture are same like on picture i post before, i have LG monitor tv M197WDP...maybe LG monitor is not suitable for ataris...and picture is ok when connect atari with big tv on scart using cable from picture i post here...

Last edited:
I just bought a scart cable from Retro Computer Shack, I hope that there will be improvements in picture on LG monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom