Amiga 500 1MB (min) US 110V PSU, mouse, HDD/second FDD/gotek Display or display adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgifanatic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Texas
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am looking for a complete, working Amiga 500 system in decent condition. Any extra bits (joystick, games, other sw) are desirable.

I'm looking to play Amiga games/run a variety of software on this system, so my top preference is for a gotek style floppy emulator solution where I can conveniently get images disk images loaded. If that isn't part of the system, then an HDD is a secondary preference, with an external floppy + some working software/game disks being my tertiary preference.

Re the display, first choice is an Amiga RGB display. If this is not available, then the second preference would be an Amiga RGB 2 VGA adapter.

I am based in Central Texas.

Thank you!

I was able to find an Amiga 500 locally. This is my first Amiga and I am quite thrilled. But I have to say the initial excitement has been tempered just a bit given that many of the floppies I got with the system are quirky, and getting things to run isn't quite as simple as I'd hoped. I've tried ten games to have one sort of function :) More experimentation in store for me as I learn the ropes.

Have you tried cleaning the floppy drive heads?

I tried to use both floppy drives (internal and external), with the same result. But no, I have not yet cleaned the floppy heads. I am hoping to get some time this weekend and will open them up for a cleaning. Any shortcuts to this, by the way, other than the old open-the-drive-and-use-alcohol-swab method? Are cleaning disks like this one reliable? http://www.amazon.com/3-5IN-FLOPPY-DRIVE-CLEANING-KIT/dp/B0028B7138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom