kickstart/wb - is ntsc / pal an issue?

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
I'm looking around for a ks 3.1 / wb 3.1 for my new a600-puppy. I've come across a nice 3.1 40.63 wb 3.1 from someone who had the misfortune of being born into a country who can't agree on the right standards (metric, pal, celcius). So, will I be able to use this on my pal-box without it suddenly plays stars and stripes, or what oddities ntsc/pal mix can do.

Kickstart ROMs and Workbench disks are video-agnostic. That is, they'll work fine in an NTSC or PAL Amiga. :)

Kickstart ROMs and Workbench disks are video-agnostic. That is, they'll work fine in an NTSC or PAL Amiga. :)
Apart from the old Kickstart 1.0 and 1.1 of the A1000. 1.0 was NTSC only and 1.1 was released in separate NTSC and PAL versions.
It makes no difference to 1.2 up to 3.1 which are, like AndyLandy says, video-agnostic.

Apart from the old Kickstart 1.0 and 1.1 of the A1000. 1.0 was NTSC only and 1.1 was released in separate NTSC and PAL versions.

Just for the record you can use the NTSC Versions in a PAL Amiga except your missing the 100 pixels down below.

Just for the record you can use the NTSC Versions in a PAL Amiga except your missing the 100 pixels down below.

That's worth knowing (to any A1000 owners), it's something I've never tried!

Back
Top Bottom