Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
West Midlands
Hi

First post here... so be gentle!

I know these are quite rare these days but I'm looking for a replacement drive for a +3.

I have the machine in good nick minus the drive. I sent it off for repair years ago, and it turned out to be broken beyond repair but I forgot to get it sent back. So now I have a big hole!

The machine looks silly without it, so I'd ideally like a working drive - of course - although if anyone has a broken one I might be interested just for cosmetic value.

Or if anyone has any ideas for what to do with a +3 with no drive I'd like to hear them!

Thanks

James

EDIT: Sorry this is in the wrong place, have reposted in the wanted forum!

Last edited:
Can be replaced by a 3.5" with some modding skills.

IMHO the best choice are the samsung SFD-321B because has a solder point to convert the used by PC signal DiscChange (DC) to Ready (RDY) used by CPCs, ZX+3, MSX, some XT-PCs...

Then just a little mod to the data cable and flip the power cable (pinout is reversed 5v and 12v are swapped, but you only need the 5v and ground).

Also some internal modding is needed for the case...

Edit: I have an image for the data cable
lnza.jpg
Just leave pins 1-6 and 9-10 free as the image.

Last edited:
Hi James

Welcome to Amibay

I would agree with Kaos 100% on this. I would not even bother with a 3in drive (Unless your looking to collect +3 Disk Games). Get a 3.5 Inch drive that is compatible, then mod it and put it in the bay.

To give you an idea, this is how the mod looks on my CPC6128 after I picked up one which had no 3 inch disk drive in the bay.

P1010002.JPG

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom