PDA

View Full Version : Found ZX81

Muzer
22nd September 2014, 15:01
I haven't been around for quite some time, but I've just started to get back into old computers.

My ZX81, however, has sadly not seemed to survive. Not only have I managed to break the keyboard connector but the system itself doesn't seem to boot any more.

So I'm looking for a ZX81, no accessories required, in a known working state. I do not require the case to be in good condition, or even be present, but I do require at least the motherboard and the keyboard (assuming I can actually figure out how to replace the keyboard without breaking anything!). Something pre-modded with composite output would be nice but this is not a requirement. I would prefer one with the newer ULA that works on modern TVs but again, this is not a requirement.

BluesBrothers
22nd September 2014, 18:18
I might be able to help. I have standard ZX81's, 16K internal ZX81's and hotrodded 32K ZX81's.

I have to go out now but I will pm this evening with more deets

BB

BluesBrothers
23rd September 2014, 16:32
PM sent

Muzer
26th September 2014, 01:46
Replied, offer accepted.

BluesBrothers
26th September 2014, 11:47
Replied, offer accepted.

Let me give this particular unit a retest today as this one's not been used in a couple of months and I'll send my PP details when done so.

BluesBrothers
29th September 2014, 14:23
Finally got around to testing and all is well with the little door-stopper.

Sorry for the delay but have had very busy weekend.

PM coming shortly with payment details.

BB

BluesBrothers
30th September 2014, 18:52
Posted today. Please let me know it gets there safe and sound.

BB

Muzer
3rd October 2014, 18:20
Received recently (perhaps yesterday?) by neighbour, collected today. Haven't plugged it in yet, but the box was undamaged and it was well-packed so I suspect it's fine. Thanks a lot!