Amiga 1200 with Indivision AGA Mk2 CR and FastATA 1200 MK-IV IDE. PLCC extension?

watsonfmly

Country
United States
Region
West Virginia
Please help again :blink:

I have an Amiga 1200. I had ordered the Indivision AGA Mk2 CR a long time ago and love it. Nothing like having my Amiga on a 65" HDTV.

I purchased a FastATA 1200 MK-IV IDE adapter. Mainly for setting up some external 3.5" drives and a CDROM.

The problem is, as everyone knows, is that they do not fit together.

Initially, I purchased some lifters for my kickstart ROMS. While that worked, I could not close my case (desktop).

I ended up pulling the IDE card out.

My question to you wonderful people, is there a place, or can someone make, a plcc extender to clip onto the Lisa chip, and "run a short line or lift" then connect to the AGA MK2 CR?

My other option may be a ribbon cable from the Kickstart sockets to the board.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I once made a keyboard extender for the Lyra 2 for my A1200. It has a push on PLCC connector with 5 extension wires, nowhere near as many pins as Lisa, I wonder how many would be needed for Lisa and if the signals would still be strong and clean enough to pass through wires.

I have also designed a ROM extender in Eagle CAD to bring the ROMs away from underneath my Mediator for easier access. When putting the design through for a quote it would have cost £165.00 (may have been dollars) to do one board!!! :eek: I have also tried a small strip board with some DIL pins, IDC headers and IDE cables to extend the ROM sockets but this requires twisting each pair of wires on two IDE cables and re-crimping, not an easy task and I canned the idea.

Just looking at some other threads, it appears there's a similar discussion:

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?65730-Will-FastATA-MK-IV-fit-with-IndiAGA-MK2-and-Mediator

Last edited:
Hi
Use sandpaper to do something like that:
IMG_20140928_111846

IMG_20130928_202730

easily close the case, good luck (y)

I've had the same setup; I have made a cut out on keyboard backplate where it touches the FastATA and isolate it with black tape; it fits perfectly with the extra space you can use 2x risers and close the case. I stole the idea from Miflos. :)

Back
Top Bottom